Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bushwacker
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second ride today on a new Rockshox MC 3.3. Temps in the 30's. It was quiet with the flood gate open. With it on and in lockout I was hearing a small but present thump type noise on the rebound stroke. Sounded almost like a stiction noise. I was wondering if I need to lube the shaft. The shock funtioned normally for the most part. I'm wondering if everybody lubes these rear air shocks and if so, what do you use and how often?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't lube the shaft on my Manitou S-type SPV. If the sealing work properly there is no chance that the lube will get into the shock (where i thing you want it). The only thing that will happen is that you will get dust and other particles to stick on the shaft and create wearing in the surface.

This is how i reason.

·
Bushwacker
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The noise disapeared after another ride. I had originally use a teflon oil for wet weather, Wonder if that made the o-rings act up. I've since read Rock Shox reccomends just soap and water every 10 hours or so. Guess I'll stick with that for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.