Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
kdiddy said:
you need a regular QR
Well, yeah, sorta.

Your DT 240s will work just fine. (As will any other standard QR hub.) You need to have the inserts for a regular QR, which you can get for those hubs if you don't have them. But the "Regular QR" skewer you need is the one that came with the bike -- which is only different in length from any other skewer. Just a bit longer to fit through all the ABP stuff.

Get it! Fun bike for rough riding!

--Greg

·
Registered
541 Posts
Is there any pics. Iam also looking in to the Rumblefish 1. And I also have a custom whel set with the 10mm RWS Thru axle. If I go with the Rumblefish thats the last thing I would want to change. I spent good $$ on those thru axles.

·
um hmmm
151 Posts
GF 29er said:
Is there any pics. Iam also looking in to the Rumblefish 1. And I also have a custom whel set with the 10mm RWS Thru axle. If I go with the Rumblefish thats the last thing I would want to change. I spent good $$ on those thru axles.
What do you need pics of? you cant use the RWS 10mm TA you need to convert back to QR because ABP uses a skewer to hold everything together.

A picture won't change that.

·
Ride to the ride.
360 Posts
The party line from Trek/Fisher is that the ABP rear assembly gains in stiffness over a traditional set-up even with the use of a QR. Independent riders have confirmed this feeling. Trek didn't feel it was worth the use of a through axle.

Me, I have no clear idea. Feels good to me. Considerably stiffer than my old non-ABP, carbon seatstay Fisher HiFi 29, but that may be apples to oranges

So if it's the stiffness you're after, you'll probably be getting it from the ABP rear. If it's your old wheels you want to use, then that's different. -- As noted, the DT Swiss 240s hubs will convert.

--Greg

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.