Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am thinking about building a really retro single speed. With a custom frame and fork but with modern wheel sizing and parts.

I would like the geometry from something around 1900 or so. The period look and handle bars etc. Has anyone had a frame and forks made like this before or has anyone ridden a really early safety bicycle. I expect it will be a bit lighter with modern wheels and tyres.

Just thought it might make a fun cruiser city bike with an unusual look.

Love to hear your feedback.

· Shirtless Singlespeeder
476 Posts
That's my next build, 29er rigid with a coaster brake. Still looking for the perfect donor frame. Had this old skip chain Monark but the stays were too short.

May have to go custom like a retrotec or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
180 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am thinking about building a really retro single speed. With a custom frame and fork but with modern wheel sizing and parts.

I would like the geometry from something around 1900 or so. The period look and handle bars etc. Has anyone had a frame and forks made like this before or has anyone ridden a really early safety bicycle. I expect it will be a bit lighter with modern wheels and tyres.

Just thought it might make a fun cruiser city bike with an unusual look.

Love to hear your feedback.
ted wojcik makes some nice older frames -

· Registered
887 Posts
How retro is really retro? Like turn of the century path racer scorcher? Or 30s-40s cruiser/courier?

Oops, answered my question with your initial post. So check out electra Ticino for ready made frame with similar geo or Mike flannigan of ANT for the real deal.

Don McClung: look these up.

Mike Flannigan
ANT Scorchers

I've seen Electra Ticino frames turned into great scorcher builds a la SaddleUpBike. Look his up.

· Registered
401 Posts
Bryce taught Garo how to build those curvy frames! He makes some sweet ones! Blacksheep took it to another level. Look forward to some photos!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.