Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finaly did this loop.Ive been thinking about this for a few years and since the completion of the new 296 trail I went for it.I tried this loop on memorial weekend and got
rained out by mile 30.So I tried again on fathers day the only reason really was to hook
all the good riding spots together into one loop and go all the way around town.This loop
took me past 6 lakes and mostly single track with a few miles of street & fire road.The bike was my new geared monkey the worked flawlessly.Anyway I left my house by costco heading down prescvottlakes pkwy to peavine trail took bike path around watson &
willow lakes over to pioneer park trails up to williamson valley road then to katahn trail head up 347 to the connector down to mint wash ,then up mint wash to the lake & 349,around to 332 over to railbed to 392 over to 51 to 293 to 48 down past quartz mountain
this part was a surprise & fun downhill.over to whitspar camp ground to 296 to senator
hwy to spruce mountain road "this hurt"to smith ravine down to 305 then home.All in all
itwas only 55.3 miles and just over 6000' elevation gain it sure felt like more!Lots of
short seep climbs I suppose.My timing was just as I figured 7:20 with about 7 hours actually riding.It was lots of fun and I think maybe SS next time!:thumbsup: Heres some gps stuff from the borrowed gps that I used.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a clue,the guy I borrowed the gps from said turn it on when you start
and shut it off when your done.He did the rest,thats as simple as I like to keep things.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,646 Posts
Good job! I'm going to do that someday.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Im not much for picture taking,just kept riding only stopped twice to refuel & top off water.By the way both white spar camp ground has great drinking water available lynx
does also .

·
3,049 Posts
Well done Dan! I might do a TT of the group ride from the other weekend, if I decide to come out of temporary retirement from long rides.

You'll be a dangerous endurance racer in ~10 years.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Enel said:

Good riding with you for two of those 7 hours or so. I'm sure the pace could have been quicker.
Thanks again Eric its always nice to have some company.
Dave that 10 years is about right the kids will be all grown up.So you never know.;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some sections are part of the circle trail ,only 332,392& 296 ,theres still some big sections either not completed or not that fun in the cities loop ,its supposed to be atound
50miles .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.