Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know this is the second time I have paid for overnight shipping from
Hyperbolts and from the Order placed on Wednesday July 5 th,2006 I still have NOT recieved the shippment( today is Monday July 10th,2006) . There are several other places to buy Ti and Aluminum bolts from that want your business ! $ 21.95 for shipping and it's been a week and no replys from email either !! I paid the overnight fee so I would have a couple bolts I needed ( and spares) for races last weekend and well I had to go and track down the bolts at the LBS.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TrekFan said:
who in their right mind would pay $21.95 for overnight shipping on bolts?
Since you have no idea what the order was, the size of the order or the cost of the stock bolts @ the LBS you are really outside your area to judge what is or not expensive ! I was giving you an opportinity to avoid the service at Hyperbolts not with standing the cost !

·
Registered
751 Posts
i understand just fine the intricate financial dynamics of bolts and assorted metal fasteners. i have adorned my beloved bike with quite a collection. and i still say its ridiculous to pay $21.95 for overnight shipping on bolts. apparently, hyperbolts agrees with me lol

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
TrekFan said:
i understand just fine the intricate financial dynamics of bolts and assorted metal fasteners. i have adorned my beloved bike with quite a collection. and i still say its ridiculous to pay $21.95 for overnight shipping on bolts. apparently, hyperbolts agrees with me lol
Go crawl back under yer bridge troll. Spin is offering some helpful insight so that others don't have to suffer his same frustrations. Thanks, Spin. This is apparently lost on you as you proceed to ridicule his experience. It's "country simple" really: if you don't get whatcha pay for it's bad. Spin paid for speedy delivery of some bolts he needed asap. What's so hard to understand about that? Hyperbolts failed to deliver on this and Spin is cautioning others not to repeat his experience. Not his fault, Hyperbolts dropped the ball. If ya don't want to pay extra for overnight shipping, bully for you. Do we need to hear about it....Ahhh....NO.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Complete Refund recieved

Adam @ Hyperbolt sent a complete refund for all the shipping cost and he said that he's just over booked with orders and they are having problems keeping up !
So I felt it was do to report the good along with the bad !

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh, i agree it's bad. i never said it wasn't. show me where i did and i'll call myself a troll. of course you should get what you paid for. i just can't get past paying $21.95 for overnight shipping on some bolts. it's not my money and i don't care what the hell he does with it, but it IS foolish. had he not mentioned whatsoever that he paid that kind of money for overnight shipping on some bolts i would probably never even have commented on the thread.

the cost of the stock bolts is irrelevant. they could be $50 bolts, but they would still weigh just a few grams. the size of the order is also irrelevant, because again, bolts weigh just a few grams. if he were ordering a large quantity of bolts to sell or to build with, he would have purchased them from a wholesale disributor rather than hyperbolts. therefore it is safe to assume the order was small, which brings me back to my original point...

but hey, to each his own.

i will say it was nice of him to post a follow up message explaining the resolution

·
Registered
47 Posts
ahem...i guess i'll say what everyone is probably thinking.

If the bolts were $25 cheaper from hyperbolt than his LBS, with $21 overnight shipping the total order would still be cheaper from hyperbolt.

think before you speak.

·
Registered
485 Posts
bpotsy said:

If the bolts were $25 cheaper from hyperbolt than his LBS, with $21 overnight shipping the total order would still be cheaper from hyperbolt.

funny, i was actually considering the comedic value, given the circumstances and correspondence from them, of the name "hyperbolt".
maybe:

creeperbolt, dawdlebolt, delaybolt, dilatorybolt, drowsybolt, idlebolt, imperceptabolt lackadaisibolt, laggbolt, lazybolt, leadbolt, leisurebolt, lethargibolt, loiterbolt, negligabolt, procrastibolt, reluctabolt, regretabolt, slow-bolt-to-hell, sluggbolt

to name a few. hyper? no. not hyper.

·
Registered
751 Posts
bpotsy said:

think before you speak.
i'm always thinking, whether speaking or otherwise. and i STILL say $21.95 for overnight shipping on bolts is comical. using your silly example, he could have pocketed the $25 savings from the LBS and bought some socks or whatnot...it would have been better than pissing it off to fedex...

ah, but the irony of all of this is that he didn't pay the $21.95 after all was said and done, so it's a moot point and i suppose he was wise after all. let's drop it now...

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
TrekFan said:
i'm always thinking, whether speaking or otherwise. and i STILL say $21.95 for overnight shipping on bolts is comical. using your silly example, he could have pocketed the $25 savings from the LBS and bought some socks or whatnot...it would have been better than pissing it off to fedex...

ah, but the irony of all of this is that he didn't pay the $21.95 after all was said and done, so it's a moot point and i suppose he was wise after all. let's drop it now...
Disclosure for those about to read: If you tire of the endless pissing matches that are forever poping up on this forum read no further. Writer assumes no responsibility for possible emotional distress caused by reading further.

Nope. That dog won't hunt, son.....Spin clearly states in his original post that he needed the bolts ASAP for an upcoming race. If he would have forgone the Fedex option from Hyperbolts then he wouldn't have achieved part of his purpose in placing the order from them; that is, getting the bolts in time for his race. What is so hard about this basic fact for you to wrap yer mind around? I dunno about Spin or you but Ti bolts like this are impossible to source from LBS in my area. This is not "comical" but simply neccesity, right? At the end of the day Adam @ Hyperbolts did the right thing. He's a good guy to deal with, IMO. I dunno why I take on these causes. Reminds me of something my grandfather used to say: "There's no margin in arguing with drunks or fools." I aint saying, I'm just saying......

·
Registered
751 Posts
Axis II said:
Disclosure for those about to read: If you tire of the endless pissing matches that are forever poping up on this forum read no further. Writer assumes no responsibility for possible emotional distress caused by reading further.

Nope. That dog won't hunt, son.....Spin clearly states in his original post that he needed the bolts ASAP for an upcoming race.
sorry, but you're wrong and don't know what the hell you're talking about. i find it amusing that you would join the fray and presume to know the facts when you do not. HE EDITED THAT SMALL BIT OF INFORMATION IN AFTER THE FACT. it was NOT "clearly" stated in his original post. he made no mention of an upcoming race or a dire need to have them, having to go to lbs, etc. anyway, he shouldn't have to justify anything to me, i'm a complete stranger. as i said, it's his money and he can do what he wants with it. i stand by my assessment, however, that to pay $21.95 for the shipping of bolts which weigh a few grams is not a wise investment, regardless of necessity. that is all, and i will no longer participate in the thread. once again, let's drop it now...

·
Registered
485 Posts
im so dissapointed that my joke didnt seem to lighten the mood at all. i wish there were a way for you guys to like meet and ride together and forget about it already.
I mean, for somebody to draw the line at a shipping cost is there business. take a not so far step back and we all look really rediculous for spending as much money as we do on bikes. folks are hungry.
so one persons' line in the sand is different than yours? so what? scratch your head and smile to yourself for knowing better than to spend "silly" money. just be sure you realize that there is someone scratching there head and smiling while looking at you.

·
Registered
751 Posts
rryyddeerr said:
im so dissapointed that my joke didnt seem to lighten the mood at all. i wish there were a way for you guys to like meet and ride together and forget about it already.
I mean, for somebody to draw the line at a shipping cost is there business. take a not so far step back and we all look really rediculous for spending as much money as we do on bikes. folks are hungry.
so one persons' line in the sand is different than yours? so what? scratch your head and smile to yourself for knowing better than to spend "silly" money. just be sure you realize that there is someone scratching there head and smiling while looking at you.
lol you're absolutely right. looking at it that way makes the whole argument REALLY stupid. complaining about spending $21.95 for shipping costs when we ride around on $3000+ bikes is pretty damn funny.

i'm sorry guys, and rryyddeerr, you are a wise person. cheers everyone:thumbsup:

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
You mean we can't argue any more? Now what am I supposed to do at work?....Work? Doh!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.