Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
El ******
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preparing to put down a pile of money on a high quality Touring/Expedition bike and doing research on all available brands so far I prefer to acquire one with a gearbox instead of a derailer any thoughts or opinions about each of these Gearbox brands mentioned would be appreciated , thanks all .

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Preparing to put down a pile of money on a high quality Touring/Expedition bike and doing research on all available brands so far I prefer to acquire one with a gearbox instead of a derailer any thoughts or opinions about each of these Gearbox brands mentioned would be appreciated , thanks all .
I wouldn't ride a Nuvinci on a touring or even mountain bike. Great on a commuter tho.

Rohloff and Pinion are both good. Expensive, heavy, and with frictional losses that can be felt. But probably still better long-term than using a derailleur.

·
El ******
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were commuting or touring the neighborhood I would not anticipate spending 5k not even 1K on a bike to tour around the city. Probably not going to tour all over the world, I live in South America so I will tour all around several countries down here.

This was my first post to the forum, I do not know so much about the forum yet (noob) if there is a special subgroup for Internal Hubs I will check it out .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.