Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get back into riding, trying to do more downhill and cross-country, so i'm looking for a good all around bike. I have been looking at many bikes but narrowed it down to a few. From here I need help in deciding which bike is the best all around bike that I will not have to upgrade too much in the next couple of years. I am going to be doing more downhill than uphill, but not too extreme, for now. Plenty of stumps, rocks, and dirt, but want to be light enough to get back up the hill.
The bikes I'm looking at right now are the Gary Fisher Cake 2DLX, SC ultralight, and the Specialized FSR. All of which I am going to test drive. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
A good size will also help me out. I'm 5'11" and about 160lbs.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Brown Dog said:
I am looking to get back into riding, trying to do more downhill and cross-country, so i'm looking for a good all around bike. I have been looking at many bikes but narrowed it down to a few. From here I need help in deciding which bike is the best all around bike that I will not have to upgrade too much in the next couple of years. I am going to be doing more downhill than uphill, but not too extreme, for now. Plenty of stumps, rocks, and dirt, but want to be light enough to get back up the hill.
The bikes I'm looking at right now are the Gary Fisher Cake 2DLX, SC ultralight, and the Specialized FSR. All of which I am going to test drive. Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
A good size will also help me out. I'm 5'11" and about 160lbs.
Thanks for the help.
Wuz up brown dog ?

Hey .... the bikes you have mentioned are all great considerations. I personally think the FSR would be the better choice out of the three, but in that same price range you could also check out the Mountain Cycle ZEN , www.mountaincycle.com OR even the Titus Loco-moto , www.titusti.com both of which will give you a little more bang for the buck. If price is not an option check into Ventana's ElSaltamontes or a Turner 5Spot both are at the pinnacle for ride quality, manufacturing, and customer service ... plus those two frames are works of beauty !!!

ALL of which are brands that i regulary deal with.

have a good one, Chad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://redbarnbicycles.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts