Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last summer I hit 398 lbs and started hiking until I reach 360lbs. Then added biking again after almost ten years of not riding as everyday event. I bought a walmart special 120 bucks and rode until now. Yes rare wheels whobbles and crank skips when I apply pressure. So it time to upgrade.

I like the following bikes and wonder if these bikes can stand up to my large frame. I am 6' and now 246lbs. The f7 by cannondale has caught my eye and the large frame feel good. I know wheels will be changed but after I destroy the oem. The second model is Fisher Mullet. looks like a tough frame that could hold my weight but before I lay over some cash I figure to get options first. I have a long way to to my goal around 250 mark, and enjoy riding as form of lossing weight.

·
BIG and Bald
399 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on dropping the weight. Keep up the good work!!

Sorry, don't know much about Fisher or C-dale butany of those bikes are definitely better quality than the Wally World ride. Don't get me wrong...I'm no bike snob but you definitely get what you pay for. At least it allowed you to get out and start riding. WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

·
local jackass
931 Posts
i dont know about either of the bike you mentioned but i have a 2010 specilized p1 all mountian and it holds me very well at 6'8 275 now 265

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Read my post and saw rare instead of rear. That's what I get for typing tried. :D Thank you for the kind words. I agree that most of the time you get what you pay for and before I part with some hard earn greenbacks. Today I am going down to feel out a Mullet. I am luck to live in Phoenix area with so many LBS and so many different brands. I am a total noob when it come to bikes today. My last good bike was back in high school years where I rode the Cape Ann loop in Massachusetts. A Bianchi cro-moly mountain bike in which I bent the crank, both wheels, and finally cracked the frame. I was only 200lbs and enjoyed football and wrestling at the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am thinking, I still perfer steel and from what I was reading about the Surly Instigator, that frame is for me. I want to build a multi speed that can handle the weight. I thinking of fixed fork until I an closer to 250 lbs. But what about BB, cranks, wheel, and v-bakes. I want items that are build for abuse and do not care about weight. So please help me out with this build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.