Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready for this race season to start, but don't have a clue on what I'm riding yet! Right now I have a garage full of Santa Cruz 26inch stuff. Ran the winter series here in Charlotte NC and just couldn't keep up with the 29ers in the woods on the short track. Piss me off!!!! I was on my old trusty Santa Cruz Chamelon 1x9 set-up. Anyway's I'm thinkin on Air 9 with Fox fork or Air Carbon w/carbon fork. Not sure most of my races are 45 to 1hr long. This is a big move just before season starts but I think it's a move in the right direction. Any advice on this topic of mine.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Jammerboxx99 said:
Ready for this race season to start, but don't have a clue on what I'm riding yet! Right now I have a garage full of Santa Cruz 26inch stuff. Ran the winter series here in Charlotte NC and just couldn't keep up with the 29ers in the woods on the short track. Piss me off!!!! I was on my old trusty Santa Cruz Chamelon 1x9 set-up. Anyway's I'm thinkin on Air 9 with Fox fork or Air Carbon w/carbon fork. Not sure most of my races are 45 to 1hr long. This is a big move just before season starts but I think it's a move in the right direction. Any advice on this topic of mine.
For short races like that the Aip9 carbon ridged would be a good weapon.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think i saw you out there on your chameleon. I remember passing one at one point and thinking how neat it was to see a SC hardtail. I'm running a Santa Cruz Blur XC Carbon. I've been thinking of building up a air 9 as well. i would love the carbon version but I think the wife would kill me.

I raced in the super sport class last year in Charlotte. The hard tails beat me on every trail in our area except for fisher farm. I always killed it there with the dual. The first race at fisher I raced sport and took first and even caught up to and passed all but the first place super sport guy. The second time we showed up I took second in super sport. I usually placed around 4th or 5th in the rest of the races

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear yah painkiller! I love my Santa Cruz bikes, but I made the mistake of riding a Niner and that's all she wrote! So if u know anybody around the area that might want some Santa Cruz frames or 26 inch wheels or fox forks I have plenty brand new and used.

I will be racing the summer series this yr. in sport 36 to 45 class. Want to do a couple 6hr. races & maybe a couple crit's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.