Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been looking for a MB and all the research sends me to Ibex as a great choice. I am new as I have not been biking in a few years. I moved to Tampa Fl this year and there seems to be many trails by where I live. I love the look of the ignition and the Lime green color of the Ignition 2. I would like to know thoughts of the ignition vs the Asta as I will be riding alot of trails and not to crazy. I am leaning towards the Ignition truly for looks however want to make sure I choose the right bike. Thanks all for your help

·
Registered
19 Posts
How "not to crazy" are those trails you're riding because if you don't really need a FS bike I would think your money would be better spent on a nicer hardtail. Just a thought. Oh and I can definitely appreciate the need for aesthetics because it's always funner when you want to show off your bike.

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,730 Posts
Happy,
I'd like to Welcome you to the FORUMs :band:

I not quite sure of your need for a FS in the area that you live. A hardtail like burton07 suggest should handle
all your needs. The plus side of higher end components goes along ways in making your riding experience even more enjoyable :thumbsup:

The Alpine 650 or the Trophy Comp X7 would be more in line for your location IMHO.

Take some time to think about it..Do you need all the extra suspension or the higher tech speed components? Just something to consider before you pull the trigger :cornut::D

Jake :ihih:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I had a HT mountian bike many years ago and curently have a FS bike which is not higher end yet the ride through the woods in MD where I used to live seemed more comfortable what are the major differnces I should be considering in my choice. Weight as of now does not seem to be a big issue. All help is greatly appreciated as I want to be sure i buy the right bike. What are the big differnces in the 3 bikes? ignition, Asta and alpine

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,730 Posts
Happyhours1 said:
Hi,
I had a HT mountian bike many years ago and curently have a FS bike which is not higher end yet the ride through the woods in MD where I used to live seemed more comfortable what are the major differnces I should be considering in my choice. Weight as of now does not seem to be a big issue. All help is greatly appreciated as I want to be sure i buy the right bike. What are the big differnces in the 3 bikes? ignition, Asta and alpine
07' Ignition 2 = a good/better entry level AM oriented trail bike with good components :D
07' Asta X7 = fast XC and AM frame geometry with med/hi-end components :thumbsup:
07' Alpine 650 = top of the line in the IBEX entry level XC and AM hardtails :cornut::D

Now this is only my view point, if you can swing the $$$ get the ASTA X7 and it will deliver the best of both worlds. This comparison thing between the 3 bikes is difficult to say the least. All 3 are quality builds that will meet there intended use and then some :)

Its like Apples, Oranges and Bananas in these choices, not an easy way for myself to compare :madman:

I wish I could be of more help, sorry.

Jake :ihih:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,196 Posts
The major differences

The first glaring difference is that in the Ignition and Asta, you are paying more for the full suspension frame. Of the two, the Asta has a better fork, drivetrain components, brakes and wheelset. The Alpine basically has better drivetrain components, fork and brake than the Ignition, but is a step below in the component specs of the Asta.

Confused yet? I think you should probably determine whether or not you want full suspension or a hardtail, then narrow the choice of models down. Like the others, my perception of FL (right or wrong) is that the terrain is not going to be so aggressive that a full suspension rig is necessary. It's also a personal preference that nobody but you can decide on.

Bottom line, if you have the budget to consider the Asta, I would buy it if you want full suspension. Using the same logic, if you choose to go with a hardtail, I would skip the Alpine 650 and go straight to the Trophy Comp X.7 as someone else mentioned. Much better specs on that bike for the money.

Let us know if you need more info.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.