Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Reading/Mt Penn looking like? was thinking of heading down that way next weekend..
Thanks

·
Registered
Turner Flux 27.5, full XT, Easton Arc 30 rims, Project 321 hubs, Race Face carbon bar, Easton seatpo
854 Posts
Go for it. Probly b ther sunday. Ther will b a few wet and muddy spots but what fun is it bikin and not getting dirty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was there sat and its good. Whats usually rocky is good and dirt thats typically hard packed is soft/mushy. Some trees across the slower single track that need clearing. Two things I noticed though, 1} LOTS of horse crap and 2} sticker (pricker) bushes have grown in. I was hoping this winter would have slowed them down but its bad already. Guess I'll walk the dog over there and carry my trimmers on a couple trails.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thinking about heading over there for the first time today. Any updates on trail conditions? Also anybody have off today that wants to show me around? I'm about 15 miles away and can jump at a few minutes notice. If not, I'll get lost and figure it out eventually! HAPPY F$&KING SPRING!!!

·
Registered
Turner Flux 27.5, full XT, Easton Arc 30 rims, Project 321 hubs, Race Face carbon bar, Easton seatpo
854 Posts
You can't really get lost at Mt. Penn. You will eventually come out to a road which you can always ride back to where you parked. If I had my bike with me I might have been able to meet up this afternoon. I work off of Rt 422 near Mt Penn. Maybe next time. Have a nice ride and please post up an after ride trail condition report. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome conditions. Only ran into one spot of wetness that impeded my ride. Kudos to those who built and maintain this place!! That line from the top of the fire tower make me pucker up a bit when it drops STRAIGHT DOWN! Never needed a dropper seat like I did today.
I'd still like to ride with someone who knows the place so let me know if/when you guys ride.

·
Registered
854 Posts
A few of us might be riding there Sunday, probably around 11. Have to check the weather to make sure. Will post up here early Saturday evening a definite yes/no and a time. We usually park at the tower lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.