Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fatty Headshok has come back from it's warranty repair and I have re-fitted it to my F4.

At least I thought I had.

It has not gone all the way in and through the head tube. About 1/4 of an inch left, 7- 8mm.

It just will not go in the last bit.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
410 Posts
you could take frame in to the house, (warm house), and throw fatty into the snow for a hour or two. then try to fit it.

with fatty locked out apply body weight to crossbar, hold the fatty vertical, and rock a little, front to back, helps if your a big lad. it should gradually ease on.

or you get a big hammer, bigger the better, and a piece of wood. place wood on top of upper bearings, then gently tap evenly around. it's important not to loose your patience at this point.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,390 Posts
Remove the top bearing from it's cup. Slide the lower bearing/fork, up into it's lower cup. Once fully seated (should go fairly easily (no grease or hot/cold stuff required) slide the top bearing onto the steerer. Then, either with the tool mrwibble mentioned, or a 6" section of 1.5" PVC pipe, hold the fork up and in, slide the tube over the upper end, and with a hammer, whack the bearing downward into it's cup, seating it. The whole job takes about 15 seconds... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Remove the top bearing from it's cup. Slide the lower bearing/fork, up into it's lower cup. Once fully seated (should go fairly easily (no grease or hot/cold stuff required) slide the top bearing onto the steerer. Then, either with the tool mrwibble mentioned, or a 6" section of 1.5" PVC pipe, hold the fork up and in, slide the tube over the upper end, and with a hammer, whack the bearing downward into it's cup, seating it. The whole job takes about 15 seconds... :thumbsup:
yeah i'd probably listen to this man.

ftw!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts