Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got me a bontrager Comp Fork and the chrome is a little tired in places not that bat but still. I want to re chrome the legs and anodize the fittings. As some may know the brake mounts are rivetted to the legs. Do you think you could re rivet the mounts? What about the fork ends? Any other options im missing?

will

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
All the fittings are glued/epoxied, so it's not just a mater of drilling out rivets. Also note that inside the top of each leg is bonded "stub" tube to increase rigidity. Those stubs would be next to impossible to remove/replace and the adhesive wouldn't do well in the chroming process.

jw

Williwoods said:
So I got me a bontrager Comp Fork and the chrome is a little tired in places not that bat but still. I want to re chrome the legs and anodize the fittings. As some may know the brake mounts are rivetted to the legs. Do you think you could re rivet the mounts? What about the fork ends? Any other options im missing?

will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.