Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of outfitting my new (to me) YBB, moving most of the components over from my cracked AL frame. Two minor issues as I got to the front der tonight (I needed an excuse to stop any way).

1) How do you determine where to mount it to the seat tube? (i.e. at what height) I can guess and get it close, but I imagine there's some standard guideline that is used.

2) No surprise, my AL frame used a larger seat tube than the Ti frame. Is there a readily available shim you can get? I suppose the temporary alternative could be some electrical tape, and then just get a new der.

Thanks...

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
DPDISXR4Ti said:
I'm in the process of outfitting my new (to me) YBB, moving most of the components over from my cracked AL frame. Two minor issues as I got to the front der tonight (I needed an excuse to stop any way).

1) How do you determine where to mount it to the seat tube? (i.e. at what height) I can guess and get it close, but I imagine there's some standard guideline that is used.
Set it up with 2 mm between the cage and the largest chain ring
2) No surprise, my AL frame used a larger seat tube than the Ti frame. Is there a readily available shim you can get? I suppose the temporary alternative could be some electrical tape, and then just get a new der. LBS for the shim.

Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.