Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RE: A certain someone's auctions ...

Is it me or do other people 'cringe' when they see this someone's items always photographed on concrete? New, used; doesn't matter, always on concrete. Cough-Rumpfy-cough.

:)

I always liked our other favorite forum seller who always photographed bikes on a curving footpath surrounded by grass that looked as if it was in a city park. The behind-the-scenes footage would be interesting.

edit: i'm referring to two different sellers ;)

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Yeah, Veloculture's auctions must cost him a mint in photo fee's :eekster: BTW, Velo, what pixel dimension are your images? I hate messing with sizing, back and forth, back and forth, so mine are always a bit smaller than they couild be, cause I know 500X375 will fit. What's the trick to bigger ones? :thumbsup:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Please. :rolleyes:

We're talking about used mountain bike parts being set in place for the photos. It's not like I dragged them across the yard to take the picture.

It makes for a non distracting, neutral background.

Sky's auctions have always been first rate.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
And it is not like bike parts are susceptible to roids:rolleyes:

Fences and garage doors make the best backgrounds for bike shots. At least until kickstands make a comeback.

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
i havn't had time for park photos lately since i opened my bike shop. maybe soon i will head back up there to snap a few. this time a year all the cold states would e-mail me in envy :p

Rumpfy, i just took the photos on the lowest pixel setting on my camera, whatever that is. i post my auctions through Vendio so its unlimited photos for no extra charge. you can post all the photos you want.

here are some photos my buddy took 2 weeks ago about 1 block from my shop:
https://www.cyclofiend.com/ssg/2007/ssg060-kristi0107.html

here is the park:

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
Veloculture said:
i havn't had time for park photos lately since i opened my bike shop. maybe soon i will head back up there to snap a few. this time a year all the cold states would e-mail me in envy :p

Rumpfy, i just took the photos on the lowest pixel setting on my camera, whatever that is. i post my auctions through Vendio so its unlimited photos for no extra charge. you can post all the photos you want.

here are some photos my buddy took 2 weeks ago about 1 block from my shop:
https://www.cyclofiend.com/ssg/2007/ssg060-kristi0107.html

here is the park:

im not the biggest fan of mixte's, but hot [email protected], in that setting anything would look cool:thumbsup:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Veloculture said:
See, I'm a bit different.

I use Photobucket for all my photo hosting. I use a higher resolution on my camera so the pictures come out clear.

Photobucket lets you preset the image size when you load the images into your account. So regardless of the original photo size from my camera (usually 1600x1200), they will show as a preset 800x600 which should fit most people's monitors. The larger file size might slow down load times for people still on dial up, but it's not like I'm killing them with 1000k files to load up. I also think Photobucket truncates file size if it gets too big but don't quote me on that.

$25 bucks a year for more space than I could ever use. Super simple interface, plus you don't have to give eBay $.15 for a photo for a small, poor resolution'ed, slow loading photo.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm taking the Fifth :)

I've only been a buyer for the past two years though, nothing sold on ebay, just local occasionally on CL. I have bought from many forum people here though via ebay, Veloculture included. Shayne's always been a great resource. Rumpfy's auctions always pass my price range unfortunately.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
holden said:
the concrete makes it pretty identifable actually.
Good. Thats what I want, to have something identifiable. If I've built my reputation the way I think (I hope) I have, I want people to know that when you see that back drop, thats my stuff.
They know that what I'm selling is top shelf, in good shape, with a clear description and damn good pictures.

Admittedly the concrete isn't ideal, but I've not set up the 'in garage' studio. I really like the natural light for photographs...

I can't take credit for the consistent backdrop though...stuff I've learned I take from other sellers who kick ass at auctions. Veloculture, Mountaintour, MrOrange, Sultan....all great sellers.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
holden said:
I'm taking the Fifth :)

I've only been a buyer for the past two years though, nothing sold on ebay, just local occasionally on CL. I have bought from many forum people here though via ebay, Veloculture included. Shayne's always been a great resource. Rumpfy's auctions always pass my price range unfortunately.
Can I be first in line to critique your auction? Better be flawless! :D ;) :p

I'll second VeloC and Shayne. They're awesome to deal with. I owe both of those guys favors for sure (no, not that kind of favor).

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I think that stan4bikes guy puts up some pretty nice stuff on Ebay too..I hear he also buys from forum members!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.