Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pogo Lover
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any group rides at razorback or santos next weekend? im driving down from georgia friday night to ride just wanted to see if there were any group rides. planning on hitting razorback saturday and santos on sunday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
EskimoFriend said:
Any group rides at razorback or santos next weekend? im driving down from georgia friday night to ride just wanted to see if there were any group rides. planning on hitting razorback saturday and santos on sunday.
There are a lot of folks riding the 50 miler at San Felasco this weekend, but there are always people at either one of the trailheads you can hook up with. You may also try the forum at this website http://www.mtbflorida.net
Hope you enjoy the trails.
Dave

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
So far a few buddies and I are planning on going to Razorback on Saturday. What time are you thinking of heading there.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
9:30 - 10:00 may be a bit early, especially for this time of year, but I'll give it a try. I'm arriving in a white hyundai with a grey Titus Motolite. The other guys are coming from Tampa or farther, so they prob will not get there until 11:00.

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,216 Posts
I don't know Ernie, the high on Saturday is 80. Me and Jim rode down there last Saturday (high of 80) at like 11am and it was hot and humid, almost like summer (ok no where near as bad as summer). So I would try to get out there at least at or before 10. The new trails they have added are pretty cool too, you get some pretty cool view from the top of the old spoil piles!

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Acme54321 said:
The new trails they have added are pretty cool too, you get some pretty cool view from the top of the old spoil piles!
What new trail??? :arf:

Guess Santa was really busy for christmas!

By the way, took the new wheels to Santos last Sunday and they were awesome, can't say the same for myself (over a month off the bike).

·
Its got what plants crave
5,929 Posts
Cyclopod said:
What new trail??? :arf:

Guess Santa was really busy for christmas!

By the way, took the new wheels to Santos last Sunday and they were awesome, can't say the same for myself (over a month off the bike).
You'll like the new trail... it's got some opportunities for jumps, some climbs and downhills.. pretty cool. I was impressed. I came down goofy from one and had a mild crash when my front tire washed out in the mud :p

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Jim311 said:
You'll like the new trail... it's got some opportunities for jumps, some climbs and downhills.. pretty cool. I was impressed. I came down goofy from one and had a mild crash when my front tire washed out in the mud :p
I just looked at their updated map. It looks like they've added two new sections. I gotta spread the word. So are any of the downhills crazy like big gulp? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
5,929 Posts
Cyclopod said:
I just looked at their updated map. It looks like they've added two new sections. I gotta spread the word. So are any of the downhills crazy like big gulp? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Nothing as tall or steep as big gulp unfortunately. But still plenty of fun!

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Jim311 said:
Nothing as tall or steep as big gulp unfortunately. But still plenty of fun!
The new trails were a blast. Especially the first one. While Big gulp and triple dipper are still the best drops, there were some pretty hairy ones in that section and then those quick climbs were a blast. Can't wait to go back. :D

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Let me know where you decide to go. I need to get myself out there more. I'm still feeling out of shape but I'm heading out to San Felasco today and try to do the whole park.

·
5,929 Posts
Cyclopod said:
Let me know where you decide to go. I need to get myself out there more. I'm still feeling out of shape but I'm heading out to San Felasco today and try to do the whole park.
The whole park is a solid 15+ miles.. that should be a good ride! :eek:

I'll try to post up when/if I head out that way. :cool:

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
17.2 according to my GPS device. Fun ride. SF is always a good one for an easy workout. I love the flowing trails.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.