Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Super8 and have Razor Rock hubs and drop outs on the swing arm. The rear hub is on it's last leg and could go at any minute. I am wondering if I can find another Razor Rock hub...or if another brand make the same size axle. I am not sure of the size...but it is larger than any of the hubs I have seen. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
No more RazorRock

kawboy8 said:
I have a Super8 and have Razor Rock hubs and drop outs on the swing arm. The rear hub is on it's last leg and could go at any minute. I am wondering if I can find another Razor Rock hub...or if another brand make the same size axle. I am not sure of the size...but it is larger than any of the hubs I have seen. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Matt
RazorRock went out of business a few years back , the hubs are great up untill that point were they just start exploding every ride . I ran into the same problem with my older yeti dh9. The trick is to get a Hadley 12mm through axle hub , now take your orignal RazorRock 20mm axle to a machinist and have then cut and size it to the width of your S8 as a spacer for your new hadley axle , the razorrock hub had a 12mm I.D. so this is a easy process . Good luck !
PM me if you need any help doing this

·
Banned
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is my Bike

Here are the drop outs.

Evil4bc said:
RazorRock went out of business a few years back , the hubs are great up untill that point were they just start exploding every ride . I ran into the same problem with my older yeti dh9. The trick is to get a Hadley 12mm through axle hub , now take your orignal RazorRock 20mm axle to a machinist and have then cut and size it to the width of your S8 as a spacer for your new hadley axle , the razorrock hub had a 12mm I.D. so this is a easy process . Good luck !
PM me if you need any help doing this

Attachments

·
Sedona, Az USA
1,036 Posts
here's a pic of my old S8. Yeah, after RR went out of business and SC stopped making the S8, I sold the bike. Too risky to get stuck with a bike if i broke a derailleur hanger. i'd be screwed. That S8 was probably the funnest bike i ever owned.

I am sure that Hadley can assemble you a 20mm hub with no problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Evil4bc

is right. Only it's easier said than done to get your hands on that
Hadley Hub. On Used wheels,you can contact owners of Super 8's for sale.
They might have a extra wheel. Also look in the wheels for Sale. Hadleys are go
to go used. Dont worry there. I have been beating the Hadley for a long time with no problems. Your Super is a 99. I assume you bought it used? After you read this post,go cut off that Rear Loop on the Rear Der. and make it Longer. It's too short.
I'd say another Inch and a Half. You'll rip the Barrel Adjuster right off the Der. If not.

Correct me if I'm wrong Guys,that spacing on the DropOuts is the Same as a 02
SwingArm?

Last,I dont know anything about the Razor Hub,but is not there anything he can do to
fix it? New Bearings,new FreeHub? How hopeless for this Hub that I have heard nothing but bad things about is it?

MTK{long time Super 8 owner.}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.