Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
i moto too
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to make sure everyone knew about the dirt rag womens' weekend february 20th at rays indoor mountain bike park (http://www.raysmtb.com). it was great last year - there was free riding for the women, coaches/training, raffle, and lots of fun. if you've never been to rays, definitely give it a try at least once before you die.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
We're there!

Me and the rest of the ECTG are going and have our rooms reserved already. We can't wait!!!
Leaving the 19th and returning the 23rd from the philly area!

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
First time for me.

Maiden voyage for me but a now a group that is going that weekend too. Where in PA are you?

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
lots of places

French Creek, Marsh Creek, Brandywine (DE), WhiteClay/Middlerun (DE), Penny Pack, Wissahickon, Neshaminey High School, Ralf Stover, Harmony Hill, Diablo, Plattekill. Is there some good riding by you? We would make the trip.

·
i moto too
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there's a mixture of some small & flowy trails and some hilly & rocky trials. we've got jordan, salisbury, south mountain, close by (http://bikevmb.com is a good site for local stuff). i've been investigating outward this year and checking out different places for trail riding. so far, i've been to jacobsburg, moon lake park, moosic, frances slocum, swatara, blue marsh, evansburg, kingdom trails in vermont and mount snow and snow shoe if you're counting DH also. out of your list, i've ridden french creek, white clay, penny pack (just this past weekend of the first time), ralf stover, diablo and plattekill. keep talking abut wissahickon but haven't made it there yet. i probably forgot one or two but that's most of them. you said "we" - is there a group you ride with?

·
be nice to spiders
103 Posts
redheadrider - i'm friends with [email protected] - i'm going out the weekend of the 30th too as well as feb 22 with Heather and our friend Amy for the Women's weekend! who are you going with? wow! maybe we have friends in common. i'm going out with a whole crew - Tom, JP, Lee, Platz, Jay from mt. Perk, Larry from Rhode Island...i think my friend Amy and her husband Ed are still in for that weekend too. PM me if you want...
Donna

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Yes we!

We have a small group 3 of us that have been jumping together and SBD and I have been to Diablo together. But we all ride with different groups too. I'm in the Valley Forge Area. My XC bike has 5.5" of travel so I lean more towards the all mountain stuff.

·
Registered
327 Posts
PA rides

I see you are from my area (King of prussia), I wonder if we have ever met? I ride the Wissahickon all the time. I am really a x country rider, not into DH so much anymore, especially since I broke my leg this summer. I ride with a bunch of different people, guys and girls, but am a Sturdy girl as well. We do a dirty girl ride every second Saturday of each month. Either we go to the Wiss or Belmont plateau. More x country ,but if you want, come on out with us and meet some new girls.
By the way my name is "Frankie".

·
be nice to spiders
103 Posts
yeah! Donna Anderson - raced for Evolution, last saw you at a PMBA ride a couple of years ago. these days i just like riding with friends. i got into DH and i'm trying to learn to DJ with my friends Amy and Heather.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi Donna !!

Have not seen you in a while. Do you ever ride at the Wiss anymore? How about Belmont? I had bad break and surgery this summer (July 4th), while riding at VF park. Just a freak accident but my tibia actually came out of my skin. Just getting back on the bike the last month or so. If you ever want to hook up for a ride let me know;:)

·
be nice to spiders
103 Posts
Holy Diver!, that IS a bad break! i've only been to Wiss a few times last year - i got a season pass to Diablo Freeride Park in NJ and spent a lot of time there. i still have your address - i'll shoot you an email :)

·
i moto too
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
sbd - sent you a pm.

francine - sorry about your break - ouch!

maybe i could make one of your second saturday rides if you’re still doing them this year. i normally ride with my husband or by myself. i used to race dh (sport), and i just started doing more of the all mountain stuff this year (so up hills are still a killer). and thanks to rays, i started doing some small drops and jumps and more skinnies this year.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.