Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Raven tire 700x35c on stans Arch rim?

1928 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  jmoote
Would this combo work?

Planning on getting a carbon fork for the EMD and some cyclocross tires for a race on double track...

Right now it is set up with a Fox Fit RLC 100mm and crossmark tires for every day trail riding,

Thank you for your input...
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I had some panaracer cross tires on an arch rim (tubeless with caffe latex) for a while - I think they were 700x31 - they set up pretty narrow and flat on the rim, I'd want something wider. 35's would be much better.
Unless the double track is as smooth as pavement, don't bother. Your cross marks will be way faster.
That's probably the truth, just run a little higher PSI. It's worth doing some test riding to see which is faster, I suppose.

If you're worried though, and decide to run cross tires, I know that Hutchison Bulldogs are considered to be just about the widest cross clinchers around. What's the rim width of Arches?
I think the ARCH's are 24.4mm same as the 355's.

I'll try the cross marks this weekend to see how they roll. The trail is very hard pack and paved like...
Zion Rasta said:
Would this combo work?

Planning on getting a carbon fork for the EMD and some cyclocross tires for a race on double track...

Right now it is set up with a Fox Fit RLC 100mm and crossmark tires for every day trail riding,

Thank you for your input...
Why not the Raven 2.0's (or Crow 2.0's - or a combo of the two f/r)? Sweet rolling resistance and more cushion for a doubletrack race.:thumbsup:
I agree with the others that cross tires on your 29er is not necessarily going to be faster. Thin rubber on a mtb is still a mtb... tires are only one part of the equation that makes cyclocross bikes fast on smooth-ish terrain.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts