Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this combo work?

Planning on getting a carbon fork for the EMD and some cyclocross tires for a race on double track...

Right now it is set up with a Fox Fit RLC 100mm and crossmark tires for every day trail riding,

Thank you for your input...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had some panaracer cross tires on an arch rim (tubeless with caffe latex) for a while - I think they were 700x31 - they set up pretty narrow and flat on the rim, I'd want something wider. 35's would be much better.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Unless the double track is as smooth as pavement, don't bother. Your cross marks will be way faster.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's probably the truth, just run a little higher PSI. It's worth doing some test riding to see which is faster, I suppose.

If you're worried though, and decide to run cross tires, I know that Hutchison Bulldogs are considered to be just about the widest cross clinchers around. What's the rim width of Arches?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the ARCH's are 24.4mm same as the 355's.

I'll try the cross marks this weekend to see how they roll. The trail is very hard pack and paved like...

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
Zion Rasta said:
Would this combo work?

Planning on getting a carbon fork for the EMD and some cyclocross tires for a race on double track...

Right now it is set up with a Fox Fit RLC 100mm and crossmark tires for every day trail riding,

Thank you for your input...
Why not the Raven 2.0's (or Crow 2.0's - or a combo of the two f/r)? Sweet rolling resistance and more cushion for a doubletrack race.:thumbsup:

·
veldrijder
1,083 Posts
I agree with the others that cross tires on your 29er is not necessarily going to be faster. Thin rubber on a mtb is still a mtb... tires are only one part of the equation that makes cyclocross bikes fast on smooth-ish terrain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts