Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was watching a special on tv "extreme machines" on bicycle technology.

sorry for the bad pics in advance, but they showed riders using a regular raven with a lefty, and a raven with a righty. thats right a righty.

i have never heard/seen of a righty before except on the 2007 concept bike.

comment away!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u guys can believe me or not, and watch the special to find out for yourself.
unless the people who made the special flipped it, than its a righty

ive followed cdales for the past 8 years religiously and have done alot of research about them. im an honest person who is not making a fake post to draw attention.

ill see if i can find a way to record it for you guys

·
Super Moderator
3,266 Posts
jscofi said:
u guys can believe me or not, and watch the special to find out for yourself.
unless the people who made the special flipped it, than its a righty

ive followed cdales for the past 8 years religiously and have done alot of research about them. im an honest person who is not making a fake post to draw attention.

ill see if i can find a way to record it for you guys
ALL I ASKED was if you had a better pic (what DID you use anyway??) and IF the image was flipped.
A raven isnt exactly Cdales cutting edge bike.....If you have access to the original footage check the text on the bikes...

After all that, it isnt an impossibilty that there is some right prototypes in existence...Who says otherwise?

CDT

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ im sure alot of other people will raise the same question you asked. i will see if the text on the frame is backward in the original show. i have it saved on my dvr.

it also has a clip of brian lopes working on a blue super v 4000dh

(Airdate: 10/26/00)
Bikes

A fast and exciting look into the dangerous and adrenaline-pumping world of bikes

·
Registered
795 Posts
To tell if video is flipped, if you can not see frame lettering check to see if drivetrain/chainrings are on the correct side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sausagedog said:
have a look at the front chain rings they look like they are on the right to me
i tend to agree(note the first picture)

ill double check it later and let everyone know. people are watching football bowl games on it now

·
yorkshire mud monkey
186 Posts
but saying that look at the 1st pic, the front wheel is on the back edge of the fork not the front which looks odd. so is it a lefty turned around to make a righty.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah that righty front and rear Cannondale was really cool but never meant for production. That was a few years ago now and it doesn't seem like much of the prototype made it to production bikes. Anyone know why they made the "lefty" a lefty instead of a "righty?" That would be good Cannondale trivia! I guess brakes have something if not everything to do with it. Nevermind, trivia solved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.