Registered
16 Posts
Strap mount that comes with the CR1000

@Mole
Thanks!

> The strap mount that comes with the CR1000 is the only
> option I know of for Ravemen lights that would work
> with your bar setup.
> What exactly are you not "completely happy with" about the mount?

The strap mount works but it feels like I have to adjust it slightly every time I start riding. During the ride it slowly changes angle again. Not when I'm on a smooth surface but when I'm going up and down lowered sidewalks, over cracks and potholes in the road and similar situations. It's only a tiny bit each bump but after 10 minutes I feel like I need to readjust the angle of the light. I'm not riding aggressively but since I have no front suspension I guess there are vibrations and shocks which make the handlebars shake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hanging on o-rings

@MRMOLE

> EDIT: Would this work with the out front mount you
> pictured a couple of posts back?

Yes, that works. I had my (heavy) Mezzol flashlight on it.
But I liked the handlebar mount for the fact that I can quickly slide-clip the light in and out.

·
Registered
960 Posts

Most notable thing I've noticed as of late is I'm getting along a lot better with the mode button with more usage.
Mole
Mole - thanks for your review(s). I'm interested in this light but the mode thing kills me ... its one of the reasons I was thinking about upgrading from my torch setup. changing modes on torches is already kind of a drag. And right now I only have low-med-high to deal with. 6 modes! That's nuts.

Can't believe that's not programmable somehow...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Mole - thanks for your review(s). I'm interested in this light but the mode thing kills me ... its one of the reasons I was thinking about upgrading from my torch setup. changing modes on torches is already kind of a drag. And right now I only have low-med-high to deal with. 6 modes! That's nuts.

Can't believe that's not programmable somehow...
Mostly I just leave my CR1000 in the third highest setting so I'm OK dealing with it as is but the UI program is definitely my least favorite feature of the CR1000. I'd prefer the flash modes on a separate program or a double click to high and back function or even less modes like my LR800 (hi/med/low/flash) that I can just double click back and forth between high and low with. I've seen negative comments in some of the other CR1000 reviews about the UI program so hopefully Ravemen will do something to make it easier to navigate in the future.
Mole

·
Registered
7 Posts
@MRMOLE - thanks for review!
it was helpful, but one more question if I may

Have you tried installing it under the handlebar?
I am planning to put the light under the dropbar (there is no place on top), instead of the s21 convoy with homemade mount.
CR1000 on a rigid mount such as ABM05 seems perfect - but I'm not sure what the light of an inverted headlight will be, given the features of the lens

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
@MRMOLE -
I am planning to put the light under the dropbar (there is no place on top), instead of the s21 convoy with homemade mount.
CR1000 on a rigid mount such as ABM05 seems perfect - but I'm not sure what the light of an inverted headlight will be, given the features of the lens
Haven't tried that but I will and report back the next time I get out (weather is looking iffy for the next few nights). I'm not expecting it to work very well but easy enough to try for curiosity sake. Ravemens LR800/500 have a elliptical shaped beam + a side mounted mode button and would work well under bar mounted but unfortunately have smaller batteries and pretty short runtimes unless run with an exterior power source. Ravemen also makes a under bar holder that attaches with a rubber o-ring but you'd need some type of Gopro mount and I don't know how stable those mounts are. I'll let you know how the inverted T shaped beam works.
Mole

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ravemen CR1000

Haven't tried that but I will and report back the next time I get out (weather is looking iffy for the next few nights). I'm not expecting it to work very well but easy enough to try for curiosity sake. Ravemens LR800/500 have a elliptical shaped beam + a side mounted mode button and would work well under bar mounted but unfortunately have smaller batteries and pretty short runtimes unless run with an exterior power source. Ravemen also makes a under bar holder that attaches with a rubber o-ring but you'd need some type of Gopro mount and I don't know how stable those mounts are. I'll let you know how the inverted T shaped beam works.
Mole
Getting ready to order the Ravemen CR1000 for Helmet mount/MTB only. Can not locate helmet mount anywhere!!! Any other options? Really liking the all-in-one bike lights...running the Ituo Wiz-XP3 now on the helmet my favorite but don't need it when I ride with my group ride on Monday nights. I have the Vancbiker go-pro mount on the Wiz-XP3 and really like the Quality.

Thanks for all the the great info you guy's give through the years!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
https://velosiped.com/tovary/aksesu...la-na-sholom-ravemen-ahm01-6970232530177.html

LBS full of it
model name Ravemen AHM01

Getting ready to order the Ravemen CR1000 for Helmet mount/MTB only. Can not locate helmet mount anywhere!!! Any other options? Really liking the all-in-one bike lights...running the Ituo Wiz-XP3 now on the helmet my favorite but don't need it when I ride with my group ride on Monday nights.

Thanks for all the the great info you guy's give through the years!!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
@MRMOLE -

Sorry, I forgot all about this. Anyway I did get a chance to try the CR1000 upside down tonight but it was pretty bad. Having the top portion of the "T" beam at the bottom put way too much light around the front wheel and if you adjusted the beam up to where the foreground light wasn't overpowering there was a large dark/unlit gap between the top of the "T" and the front wheel.
Mole

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@MRMOLE -
This setup (Gloworm bar mount and Gopro adapter, Gemini silicone o-rings, amazon Gopro flashlight adapter} works but is expensive ($35ish). Using the remote would probably be necessary with this setup. The next setup (double QR mount) was only about $5 but I haven't seen it on Amazon lately. Top tube clearance could be an issue depending on bar height orientation to top tube since vertical aiming dictates mounting position.
Mole

003.jpg 005.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg 003 (2).jpg

004.jpg 006.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Focused light beam test

I'm happy with my Ravemen CR1000 light but still not so much with with the rubber strap mount (ABM03).

I've ordered the ABM01 and ABM05 to see if it can mount them more stable on my non-round Canyon handlebar CP04.

Recently I thought that a narrow, focused beam shallow to the ground might give a long, slim beam that's more useful than the wide beam of the CR1000.

I'm more interested in potholes 30 meter (100ft) directly in front of me than illuminating the tress to my sides where saber tooth tigers might be lurking.

Therefore I temporarily added a Lumintop GT Micro "Superthrower" near the front axle.

The result was underwhelming. It works but the CR1000 is just more useful and adding the focused beam to the CR1000 doesn't add much value.

In this video you can see when I switch on the CR1000 around the middle of the video.

Despite all that I'm not yet giving up on the idea ...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discounts which are not discounts

The normal price for the Ravemen CR1000 was $69.95 during the last few weeks.

This shop shows "was $79.90" and "now $69.90".

I'm not impressed ...

When I bought mine some weeks ago I actually paid $56 by using a simple coupon ("subscribe to our newsletter and get 20% off your first purchase").

Attachments

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The normal price for the Ravemen CR1000 was $69.95 during the last few weeks.

This shop shows "was $79.90" and "now $69.90".

I'm not impressed ...

When I bought mine some weeks ago I actually paid $56 by using a simple coupon ("subscribe to our newsletter and get 20% off your first purchase").

Ya, I noticed that not all of their regular list prices matched Ravemens listed retail prices but all the listed discounted prices (what the extra 20% is calculated from) were at or below Ravemen's list. When you add the item to your card it will take another 20% off so the CR1000 ends up being $56 just like you paid and the best price I've seen on that light so far.
Mole

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like it but my carbon handlebars (Canyon CP04) are not really round. They are kind of oval with an edge at the back. Towards the outer sides they are more rounded but only around 23mm in diameter.

Any recommendation about what I could do?

Hello Andy,

I don't know if you already picked appropriate mount or not, but I think I have suggestion for oval-aero shaped handle bars, you can using attachment like this :

Then combined with official Ravemen GoPro adapter like this :

You also able opt to use a smaller bolt to secure the GoPro attachment instead of big thumbscrew supplied by Ravemen for a cleaner look. The RaceWare adapter above should include that.

Talking about RaceWare, they quite pricey though, but I can't find any aero bar elsewhere. Generally speaking, they is 3D printing company, the aero bar mount above is basically SLS/MJF nylon print, so it should strong and stable enough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the review Mole. The optic on this light is very interesting and I look forward to your review of the Astrolux BL02 and how it compares. In the meantime I'll just sit at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for this stupid pandemic lockdown to end:cry:

41 - 60 of 68 Posts