Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
uhhhhhyea
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone had posted pics of an all-black bike, which had I believe white skulls painted on with stencils on it, had kind of an overspray look that was pretty sweet. Anyone remember this? It was a while back, not sure if anyone's done anything similar...

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
wiretapstudios said:
I have done a lot of stenciling, what is your question?
Do you use your PC to generate graphics, then inkjet print and hand cut the stencil? Any multi-color patterns? What material do you use for the stencil? Any tips? Pix of your work?

·
Graphic Designer
224 Posts
You can hand cut it, or you can make it in Adobe Illustrator (hard if you don't know how to use it...) , or you can use Photoshop and posterize an image down to 3 colors or something to cut out.

You have to print it out, then take clear stencil plastic (from the craft store) and tape your image to it, then cut. Your hand will kind of cramp so take frequent breaks, use a sharp blade, etc.

I'll find a tutorial and post it up in a few.

·
Graphic Designer
224 Posts
transparency paper is pretty thin. if you only want to use it once or twice, it would work but over time it would end up breaking up really easy. also, it's easier to tear when cutting because of how thin it is. it's ok if you have it lying around.

how do you use the x-acto as a dremel? then you would be using the x-acto...as an x-acto. get the x-acto handle with the thicker rubber on it, you'll thank me later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.