Mr.Secret
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago last Mon...

Attachments

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
Look at all of the snow in the first pic......jeez, you guys could still be skiing. :lol:

Great pics Rick. Dorothy called me, hopefully we'll hook up the weekend for a high country ride. I'll bring the SLR and get her some great souvenir photos.

·
Mr.Secret
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sean salach said:
great photos. it's tough to capture steepness, but you've done it well there. which trail is that?
That'd be the Crow Creek/Girdwood side of Crow Pass up to the Raven Glacier (pic).

Attachments

·
Mr.Secret
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
bones get broke said:
Look at all of the snow in the first pic......jeez, you guys could still be skiing. :lol:

Great pics Rick. Dorothy called me, hopefully we'll hook up the weekend for a high country ride. I'll bring the SLR and get her some great souvenir photos.
Don't let Dort beat you up to bad on the climbs :p I am jealous though wishing I was there to get out with you guys....someday, and maybe sooner rather than later...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Keeping in mind that for some reason I still haven't ever found my way up Crow Pass, once one completes that initial climb, what's to keep them from proceeding all the way to Eagle River aside from a river crossing and the no-ride zone at the end? Too much vegetation? Poorly-defined trail? I've heard reports of all of the above but haven't been there to see it myself. I just know that after that climb, it is generally all downhill, so why not?

·
Mr.Secret
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's closed to wheeled traffic on the E.R. end, oh, and it's bouldered , steep, technical and the river off the Raven Glacier is usually raging this time of year. The descent back to Girdwood is a blast, just watch out for the other trail users, and DON'T SKID:nono: !! Not saying you do but I've seen a bunch of that this year, baaad for the trails !!

·
Mr.Secret
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kdmaclean said:
a lot of the trails here in West Michigan. :confused:
There's some good sand dune riding around there if I remember correctly isn't there ? :p

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts