Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Shimano "Rapid Rise" rear derailleur (RD-M760). Is it possible to use the derailleur with my presently installed Deore LX Rapid Fire shifters or do I need to buy new shifters that support the "Rapid Rise" option?

I installed the new rear derailleur last night and couldn't get the shifting to work correctly. My old derailleur is a Deore LX if that makes any difference.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
speedyMTB said:
I just bought a new Shimano "Rapid Rise" rear derailleur (RD-M760). Is it possible to use the derailleur with my presently installed Deore LX Rapid Fire shifters or do I need to buy new shifters that support the "Rapid Rise" option?

I installed the new rear derailleur last night and couldn't get the shifting to work correctly. My old derailleur is a Deore LX if that makes any difference.
A Rapid Rise derailleur will work with any shifter you throw at it, the only difference being that your shifting action and indicators will be reversed.

As with a conventional derailleur, to install you should first route your chain and set your limit screws (in this case, set the low limit screw), and only then attach the cable and tune the barrel adjuster.

Rapid Rise is nothing new and has been mated up to conventional Rapidfire shifters for years now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts