Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working for 2 and a half hours today on putting up a few kickers and a log ride and a drop. Less than 2 hours later everything was either thrown in the creek or smashed. :madmax: LESS THAN TWO HOURS!!! :madmax: The jumps where off to the side of the trail not interfearing with the hikers ( I've only seen 5 people in total on that trail ever!)

Sorry I had to vent

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep it totally sucks when it happens. I made some jumps, got bulldozed in a week. Mad more, bulldozed. More, bulldozed. Where nobody could ever even find them, and if they did they would probably break a leg getting there.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew they where going to get destroid but not that fast!!! They where wood pallets cut in 3rds with about 2 feet off the ground at the launch. WIth 50lbs of dirt on top and dirt surrounding them. You almost would have needed a shovel to taken those sucker out!

·
clyde in training
1,917 Posts
that's crazy someone would get to them that fast. If you found out it was hikers, you should ruin something of theirs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's the answer to everything! Just dig a hole, cover it with some leaves and sticks and put a red ramp behind it. When the suspect(s) come to destroy it, you will capture them. Then keep them as a pet!

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
08nwsula said:
that's crazy someone would get to them that fast. If you found out it was hikers, you should ruin something of theirs.
It was probably less than 2 hours. Because my friend rode the trail and by the time he was at the jumps they were destroid (30min shuttle + getting ready and riding down)

I think Im going to flip me some picnic tables

·
Registered
938 Posts
I hate trail vandals so much. There is this guy who always goes up to the rails I ride and digs massive holes on the berms only on the blind corners so when you are hauling a$$ you come around a corner and hit one and go flying. I have to go fill the holes in almost every other day. Sometimes I don't find a few and it really hurts, a few days ago I was riding one of the trails and was flying and came around a blind corner in a drift and of course there is a 2 foot deep pit there, I got the front wheel over it but I couldn't get the rear wheel over it in time and got bucked off my bike and went flying down the hillside. The worst part was at the top of the trail I thought to myself that there will probably be a pit on one of the corners.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
did this happen in the JMP area somewhere? if so, its a huge bummer but just how it seems to be. so many hating hikers up there it's insane. Bay Area parks have way, way too much hiker/rider tention...especially JMP.

·
Registered
598 Posts
yeah that sucks. check this out : http://www.bonesovermetal.com/

watch The Jumps: a mini-doc i know the guy they interview.. he put his soul into those jumps. they actually drained the hillside better... they got bulldozed about 2 months ago.. damn shame. it took the city 3 days and several men with shovels to destroy everything. it's a good vid, check it out. just goes to show you: no matter what, if you don't have permission, your sh!t will get destroyed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I hate trail vandals. I have been having this problem lately where stuff I prepare for north shore stuff gets torn down, (like A - frames, or one time even a whole shore which was complete) Dirt jumps don't get torn down much and I make them to be indestructible metal tubes and pallets for back support. I ride at this local place in the woods where many azzholes from the city ride and when they have drunken get togethers or whatever meetups they spell chaos on my work. Luckily this one 13 footer gap I made is still alive after 3 or four weeks. It took me over a week to complete alone doing 3-5 hours each day. The ground is pretty flat and there is not much to work with. Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
some more......... these are the A-frames someone removed from their place and threw them on the ground, I put them back up against the trees so the d1ck/s know I am watching them. Oh yeah, this trail is legal by the way and I still have to deal with this vandalism garbage anyways, so don't feel bad:p The pallet in the first pic is nailed to the ground, see the wooden shanks on the sides there? These were banged about 5-8 inches in and nailed to the palets so it can be removed. The landing and lip are all rock/ dirt so it's hard to kick through. The lip is reinforced from all sides, from the front by metal tubing which is driven into the ground 5-8 inches and covered with at least 5 buckets of a rocky substrate + I nailed a bunch of shanks (20+) around the tubes under the dirt so they are hard to pull up if the buggers get to that. The metal tubes had holes in them which are nailed to the reinfocement pallet and sides to give it hella support so someone can't screw up the lip. Notice all the sides are also buiried and reinforced. Those are just some of the little things I do to make vadalism harder. The carpet covers everything up nicely=)

P.S. the double in the background in the last few pics I fixed too alone, no one helped me. Some retard filled it with pallets because he is a pvssy to jump it without that, it's like a gap of 6 feet haha, but I left that there. Someone kept stacking my 13 footer full of palets so I carried all 10 - 15, (seriously, 10 -15 palets) a quarter mile up the trail, so they quit doing that. What is the purpose of a gap otherwise!!!!!??? My friends are all riding whores and just reap the benefits of my stunts, they support the larger stuff though. It's o.k. though because apart from them I like this side of MTB, I am a creator.

Peace for now, Shredder111:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm gonna venture a guess that you didn't have permission to build in the first place? What do you expect?

Don't go vandalizing **** and giving us a bad name, when you were doing something you were'nt supposed to in the first place. Thats ********. Grow up.

Teague

·
Registered
768 Posts
Teague said:
I'm gonna venture a guess that you didn't have permission to build in the first place? What do you expect?

Don't go vandalizing **** and giving us a bad name, when you were doing something you were'nt supposed to in the first place. Thats ********. Grow up.

Teague
Who is this comment aimed at?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
honestly dude what do you expect, we live in the bay area 1 (conservationists everywhere) and you built them on the side of a pre existing trail. Look on google earth for some old abaonded fireroads or make your own trail...only way.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I would make the jumps real nice and natural looking and wait. My guess is the guy was scoping you out. When I caught him tearing up my sh*t, I would beat him like a bad dog. Or tazer his a** and tie him up to a tree. Or leave him buck naked in the woods.;) I bet he would think twice after that!

Lex talionus

·
Registered
285 Posts
^^^^ Are you retarded?

If your building without permission, anybody has as much or more rights to come and tear down your **** than you have to build it. Can you blame them for not wanting a bunch of mountainbikers flying down a hiking trail? Especially when they see bikers as the kind of *******s who will assault people for no good reason.

Go find another sport to make a bad name for.

·
Registered
215 Posts
shredder111 said:
some more......... these are the A-frames someone removed from their place and threw them on the ground, I put them back up against the trees so the d1ck/s know I am watching them. Oh yeah, this trail is legal by the way and I still have to deal with this vandalism garbage anyways, so don't feel bad:p The pallet in the first pic is nailed to the ground, see the wooden shanks on the sides there? These were banged about 5-8 inches in and nailed to the palets so it can be removed. The landing and lip are all rock/ dirt so it's hard to kick through. The lip is reinforced from all sides, from the front by metal tubing which is driven into the ground 5-8 inches and covered with at least 5 buckets of a rocky substrate + I nailed a bunch of shanks (20+) around the tubes under the dirt so they are hard to pull up if the buggers get to that. The metal tubes had holes in them which are nailed to the reinfocement pallet and sides to give it hella support so someone can't screw up the lip. Notice all the sides are also buiried and reinforced. Those are just some of the little things I do to make vadalism harder. The carpet covers everything up nicely=)

P.S. the double in the background in the last few pics I fixed too alone, no one helped me. Some retard filled it with pallets because he is a pvssy to jump it without that, it's like a gap of 6 feet haha, but I left that there. Someone kept stacking my 13 footer full of palets so I carried all 10 - 15, (seriously, 10 -15 palets) a quarter mile up the trail, so they quit doing that. What is the purpose of a gap otherwise!!!!!??? My friends are all riding whores and just reap the benefits of my stunts, they support the larger stuff though. It's o.k. though because apart from them I like this side of MTB, I am a creator.

Peace for now, Shredder111:cool:
Man, you are a real bad ass! 13 feet, and thanks for posting a pic of the tape, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who needed conformation on your abilites. Now, I'm going to go make fun of people who most likely want to fill gaps in because the jumps look like rickety **** to begin with.....I'd be scared to hit that stuff as well...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts