Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In some bike film I've seen lately they have clips where they speed up the movie so that the riding looks faster then it really is. I understand that it's to make it look cooler and so forth but come on :madmax:
I don't see that in ski and snowboard movies. Imagine serious climbing movies where they angle the camera for it to look steep. They would get laughed at. :nono:

If they don't ride fast enough for it to look cool then don't use the clip.

Am I the only one getting annoyed by this. I'm not saying they're not riding fast, I'm just saying stay to the truth and stop faking it.

·
brake later, pedal sooner
813 Posts
what scenes are you talking about?

who cares, they only cheat themselves in the end if its someone doing it to their own stuff. if it's in a movie.. who cares, its a movie.

go out and ride and try to go fast and stop worryin about other people... it will always get done and it'll always be annoying, nothing we can do about it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
my peev is when they add too much fluff, time killers in trying to 'write a story', something with deep meaning --- e.g. the Collective, which has some great filming and great ride footage but as you can see, also has a ton way too much fluff.

Attachments

·
maker of trail
2,008 Posts
I see it as upping the ante... you see riders (sped up) going that fast, say to yourself $hit, I don't go anywhere near that fast and you go put on your big girl shoes and pin it harder. Next thing you know your at Steve Peat speed X1.33 and blamo WC podium for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aaarghh!! In the movie Strength in Numbers the Himalaya section looks wrong in a lot of places. That has got to be some fast forward. Such a stupid thing to do. Bikers need totalt to skiers and climbers about ethics and "good style"

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
In some bike film I've seen lately they have clips where they speed up the movie so that the riding looks faster then it really is. I understand that it's to make it look cooler and so forth but come on :madmax:
I don't see that in ski and snowboard movies. Imagine serious climbing movies where they angle the camera for it to look steep. They would get laughed at. :nono:

If they don't ride fast enough for it to look cool then don't use the clip.

Am I the only one getting annoyed by this. I'm not saying they're not riding fast, I'm just saying stay to the truth and stop faking it.
It's an effect like anything else. And like anything else, it sucks if over-used, just like slow-mo. If used properly in small doses, it can be interesting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.