Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a spring, the 2nd one for my DHX, on the 11th or 12th of Jan. and the guy said they were gettin' a new computer system up and runnin' & that would cause it to be a few days before they could get it out, I said "that's cool". At least they let me know ahead of time. Well I emailed them on the 18th and they said "As we have just reopened after being closed to install a new computer system, there have been some delays in getting product through the accounting and shipping departments. Your order (sales order number: 500xxx) will be leaving shortly."
Well, its almost 7days later & they can't provide a tracking number. My LBS said they would drag their feet like this, but this is ridiculous. I haven't been happy w/this shock anyways, & it's like a fight to get the right spring for it. Think I'm gonna put the 5th I bought as a back-up on my VP Free & ditch th' DHX. You'd think Fox would have it together a lil better than this. The holidays & new computer system excuse don't hold water w/me. If the company I work for acted this way, our prez would be firin' people left & right.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
wow bro that sucks.... ive never sent anything to fox, nor had to deal wiht them. but in my experience ogc, the old canadian distributor for manitou, was just as bad

·
clyde in training
1,917 Posts
have you tried raising some hell to at least get a partial discount or at least a free tshirt? I know that doesnt really fix the problem, but it makes it a little better.

·
Pro Crastinator
12,012 Posts
seems like you could have just bought the spring from a shop that had it in stock if it really is that big of a deal to you. i know i see the springs all over the place when i am looking for things......

hell, if you LBS was worth a shizz, they would have pulled the spring off a shock that was on a bike on the floor somewhere, assuming there was another there, which is pretty damned likely...

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
.WestCoastHucker. said:
seems like you could have just bought the spring from a shop that had it in stock if it really is that big of a deal to you. i know i see the springs all over the place when i am looking for things......

hell, if you LBS was worth a shizz, they would have pulled the spring off a shock that was on a bike on the floor somewhere, assuming there was another there, which is pretty damned likely...
My LBS is really good about doin' all of the above. They didn't have anything remotely close. I'm seriously thinkin' of givin' the new Cane Creek Double Barrel a try. It'll require some coin, but at least they're within a hrs' drive from me & they tune it to your weight & riding before you get it. Built here in good ol' NC. If I do, I'm gonna sell th' DHX & all (3) springs I'll have bought trying to dial it in.

All of the other LBS's around here are crap. Trek & Crack-n-fail are their mtb lines, that and the fact that they're mainly roadie shops. Any bike shop can order it, heck I did that, almost (3) weeks ago.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
My th' DHX & all (3) springs I'll have bought trying to dial it in.
man how much you weigh?? what ridin style, and how much air do you have in the shock....

I am running a 500 pound spring with 170 pounds of air....bottom out knob turned 2 1/2 times......that was my final setting

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man how much you weigh?? what ridin style, and how much air do you have in the shock....

I am running a 500 pound spring with 170 pounds of air....bottom out knob turned 2 1/2 times......that was my final setting
I'm 170 w/o gear, runnin' about the same air as you, same btm out as you, I hit drops to flat from 4 to 8 ft. & I do plenty of climbing to get to the dh. I guess I'm just trying to counteract the bottomless feel when I'm squattin' into a curve. I know most of you guys on here like that feel but I need my ride to be a lil stiffer & not as squishy. Helps w/my not so nimble way of riding. Had the same problem w/my Bullit.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
I'm 170 w/o gear, runnin' about the same air as you, same btm out as you, I hit drops to flat from 4 to 8 ft. & I do plenty of climbing to get to the dh. I guess I'm just trying to counteract the bottomless feel when I'm squattin' into a curve. I know most of you guys on here like that feel but I need my ride to be a lil stiffer & not as squishy. Helps w/my not so nimble way of riding. Had the same problem w/my Bullit.
flat at 8 foot is always problems.......for cornering I would turn up the bottom out a little more and use the pro-pedal about 6 to 8 clicks (half way)

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
flat at 8 foot is always problems.......for cornering I would turn up the bottom out a little more and use the pro-pedal about 6 to 8 clicks (half way)
Oh yeah, meant to ad that, pro-pedal is turned up to 13-14 clicks. Don't know what is about my riding that makes me need such a heavy spring for my weight. Could be the position my arm puts me in. The position sorta puts me in a "happy medium" position.

I just got a new carbon fiber socket from Duke Med. & I'm in the process of beefin' up the qwik-release on my arm & also working out a VPP type linkage for th' elbow. Same Cane Creek AD-10 I use on my other arm.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I ordered a spring and some heat shrink wrap from them last week and checked the tracking progress today. Of course, no info available. They were happy to charge my card last week, and not follow through with the order. I left them a message and they got back to me an hour ago saying it's going out today. I hate when companies charge your card before the order is even ready. This happens a lot with online ordering, some places charge your card even if the crap is backordered a couple months! Weaksauce.

·
let freedom ring!
154 Posts
3 weeks and counting.........................

I have been waiting over 3 weeks for my rear shock to get back from Fox. It was only 6 weeks old when it just stopped working...........Same thing! No one knows anything about it. My LBS sent it in, they told me the same thing. Fox is backed up due to a new computer system.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Get Lost said:
I have been waiting over 3 weeks for my rear shock to get back from Fox. It was only 6 weeks old when it just stopped working...........Same thing! No one knows anything about it. My LBS sent it in, they told me the same thing. Fox is backed up due to a new computer system.
Yikes...Mine is leaking air......frick have to send it to them

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally received a trackin' #, crap gonna be another week before its due to be delivered.

About th' Rocco, my LBS tells me they, (Marz), don't even have springs if you want a different one. You have to go through someone else to get one.

That CCDB is lookin' better all the time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have a friend that's going ot be doing an internship at Ohlins this year.........you want i should rough him up and get you some stuff?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.