Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that most people would consider these 3 of the best riding spots in NJ. How would you rank these rides and why?

Mine:
1) Allamuchy - this place has something for everyone. You can do a 5 hour epic ride, ride the rail trail, or some of the newish technical stuff. The best part (to me) is that chances are once you're on the trails you won't even see another rider all day.

2) Ringwood - For whatever reason I don't ride Ringwood as much as I'd like to. You can't knock the trails (although some sections are getting washed out a bit due to the usage). If you could ride all day here and it's as technical as your going to get. I don't know, maybe it's the gun shots echoing that issn't my cup of tea.

3) Waywayanda - Really a great park with a lot of riding. Some awesome trails, but more double track/fire road connections then the other two. I don't know, maybe I'm still holding a grudge from that ride I did in December where my foot went through the ice in the swamp - not a fun ride back to the car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree

I think your spot on with your ranking

Allamuchy is all the technical long fun stuff you want and tons of single track.

Ringwood and Wawayanda are the same in many respects for me...lots of fire road and technical areas but more open than Allamuchy...of course I do live right against Wawayanda and there is a local trails that connects 2 miles of great singe track into a hidden back part off Clinton Rd.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Pics please

Hey, good thread. Let's see some pics please. I am relocating to the NYC area here in a few months and am trying to find a good place to live. Part of my decision will be based on relative proximity to singletrack! :thumbsup: Any pics or suggestions on finding out more about the local scene would be great.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Best of NJ

Judge Smails said:
2) Ringwood - For whatever reason I don't ride Ringwood as much as I'd like to. You can't knock the trails (although some sections are getting washed out a bit due to the usage). If you could ride all day here and it's as technical as your going to get. I don't know, maybe it's the gun shots echoing that issn't my cup of tea.
I totally agree...a shooting range next to a family park, lakeside beach and chapel, but hey ho In God We Trust. The positive for newbies is the difficulty in getting lost, just tell them to head to the gunshot sounds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts