Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
What is the criteria for ranking these manufacturers? Ignoring the fact that the best bike depends on how you ride and how it fits you, each of these manufacturers have their own strengths and weaknesses.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
I think that all those manufacturers are at a similar level. I think each would rank them acording to their own preferences and what they have.

Also, it would be more precise to rank different bikes, rather than brands. You can't compara a Titus Super Moto with a Turner Nitrous, because they're completely different bikes.

Edit
Anyway, here's my list:
1-Titus
2-Turner
3-Ventana
4-intense
5-yeti

To be honest, I don't know much about Intense and Yeti.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What about Specialized? I think Specialized is #1--they have the brain...I test rode an Epic about 2 weeks ago and I don't even want to get on my bike until I get the Epic---Best bike I've ever ridden.......by far!

·
Registered
454 Posts
C'mon you got to be joking!

They're all the "best" :rolleyes:
This ranking thing is B.S. Like rzozaya1969 said, you have to compare specific models and choose the one that works best for you based on quality, features for the dollar, fit, etc, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. Huffy
2. Murry
3. Magna
4. Roadmaster
5. Sledge Hammer
6. Royce union

Shocks.......Pegs......lucky!!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
1. Wojcik
2. Strong
3. Sycip
4. Seven
5. IF
6. Steelman
7. Soulcraft

rerange the order to suit your taste--'cause that's what customization is all about!

oh, btw all those other manufacturers you guys list--pre-fab, four-sizes fit all crap!:p

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Gretzky said:
1. Ventana
2. Intense
3. Yeti
4. Titus
5. Turner
It all depends on what you are looking for.

Custom sizing/ Fit?
Durability?
Customer Service?
Versatility?
Made in USA? (Handmade?)
Price?
and probably most important... great ride?

How you answer the question ranks the bikes. If you want to see what praises and problems appear, just vist their forums. You'll get answers in short answer.

I know my answer, the last ride I bought was a Ventana, with a Titus the only other bike in contention.

JmZ

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
no offense, but a waste of time. all are good....and boil down to "subjective" things for a person to create a ranking. it all depends on what is important to the rider doing the ranking, which may be completely opposite of me. at the end of the day, gut feel wins out and for me, without a doubt, Ventana.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bingo!

Haggis said:
1.Intense
2.Titus
3.Turner
4.Ventana
5.Yeti

Since you gave no criteria, I used the alphabet to rank them. Is that what you wanted?:idea:
YES!! You are the winner of this contest! The only order that makes any sense here, at least IMO. :p

Now back to your regularly scheduled diversion. :rolleyes:

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Alot of this you people are saying about to many variables, and it comes down to personel taste, is right on! But to me that goes without saying, and it's kinda fun to see how the big boy high performance brands stack up in peoples mind for AM use... or whatever.

I don't really think anyone means to say THIS IS HOW THEY RANK period... just where they regard some of thier favorits, at the moment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.