Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one familiar with Range sizing? I'm 5' 10.5" with a 34" inseam. Guessing that puts me on a medium. I fit a large Santa Cruz and medium for Yeti and Pivot. Would be inclined towards a 24" TT, but that is in between their medium and large.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
just to add data - at almost the same height but shorter legs - 32" inseam I'm a Large SC, Medium Norco, Medium Pivot. You could also be on a large Norco but I favour smaller bikes so ymmv

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm the same height and like you I'm a large in Santa Cruz (ran a 70mm stem on the Bronson). Was medium on the Pivot Mach 5.7 because the seat tube was so tall, but the large was better on the Mach 6 due to the shortish reach.
Now I'm on the Range and went with the large with a 50mm stem. Totally happy and prefer the feel with a shorter stem. Still nimble enough despite the long front centre.
I always lean towards a larger size and feel they handle better but it'll always come down to personal preference in the end.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm 5'11" 33" inseam and was able to get on both a M and a L Sight. I bought the large as the stand over was not a issue, but the reach on the large made me feel "inside" the bike. When I was standing and peddling on the medium my legs felt cramped and didn't want to put a bigger stem on it. All I can say though is try to get on both and make a decision that way, you're at that lucky height that you're right in the middle of the sizing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and after going on extended rides with both, and sitting on both sizes on quite a few occasions, decided on the 2014 medium.

I come from a more urban/dirt jumping background so I like the smaller cockpit.

My question for the original poster is, are you looking to use it as a trail bike? Or as a bike to bomb down the steep stuff. I really appreciate the medium on the trails, but if I am bombing a trail with big jumps/drops I think the large would have been better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts