Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Board has gone flatline for 10 hours.

Here's some random pictures from over the summer. I don't believe I've posted these here before....

Pic 1. - Me @ Rockville Hills Park- Fairfield CA - Enjoying Norcal's "smooth Trails"

Pic 2- - Me again at Rockville, over a nice little log crossing, spooky thing has a turn in the middle of it, makes it quite sporty!

Pic 3 - Me again at Salmon Falls from two weeks ago, I somehow missed this one the first time I downloaded my pics. I now have to take back my smart comments about Sherwoods picture skills!

Last I have for now, one of my favorites.
#4- Sherwood just blasting his Capitan off a small hip jump.

OLE! Frijole's!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good stuff as usual. I can tell that place with the green meadows has rocks hiding down in the grass everywhere. It looks to be one of those mine fields - get off the singletrack and there's no telling what you'll run into.

According to the zip tie, it looks like you're not getting full travel on the Bruja. Your thoughts? ;)

And look at Sherwood. Hmm, is that the same guy who told us not to jump our bikes more than an inch? He sure doesn't practice what he preaches. :D

I'll have to dig out some pics for the slower days too. I can't believe I went to VW twice this year and didn't take any friggin pictures. What was I thinking. :rolleyes:

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice and....

Pauliemon said:
Stop,stop!!!!
I particularly like the snow shot at the Sly Park Bridge.

Speaking of Sly Park...Sunday 9:30 am. ( I changed the time) Dirt parking lot by second dam.

We like doing Fleming first and then doing some if not all of Sly.

-A

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks and...

That zip tie never made it to 130mm the first 5 months I had the fork.

Marzocchi overfilled the left leg with oil, I maxed out at 120. When I did a routine oil change I set the height slightly lower and It's beem better since, still only get 130 from big drops or jumps. but I routinely get 120.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've taken my cameras on "joy" rides.

(i.e. was having too much fun to stop and take them out!)

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,008 Posts
Random X-5 shots

Random shots from a ride in Idaho's White Cloud mountains this past summer. FYI, this trail is on the list of those be closed to "mechanized" transport when the White Clouds become "wilderness." Bummer. :mad:

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few more ...

A few more that didn't make the cut the first time, but now that it's winter my standards have lowered. :)

Pic #1
My buddy Steve and his Salty Railing a turn at Fleming Meadows.

Pic #2
Steve again, not known for being an aggresive rider, still tackled these stairs nicely.

Pic #3
Steve getting moto at Mammoth. It was dam cold 30 or so and 30 + mph winds.

Pic #4
The day before Mammoth in Slynkard Valley, dam this pic reminds me how small we are..

Pic #5
ME! My friend Ty Mer took this pic, one of the only ones to come out decent.....

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.