Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I’m fine with building a set, but where do I find orange rims??

As for painting, I’d rather not. If I spray on a coat over the factory paint I’m sure it will start peeling, fading, or changing color with time. Plus wheels can get wet, muddy, scraped, rubbed by sand grains, etc. Unless you know a specific method or paint, I just don’t think anything I can spray on will hold up well.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Sun Ringle used to custom powder coat rims for KONA, you could always email and see if they still have any left.

Plim, thoose are sick I9's I have orange spokes blue hubs and they are killer looking

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scooter916 said:
Sun Ringle used to custom powder coat rims for KONA, you could always email and see if they still have any left.
Thanks! I did a a search on this and it seems those where custom made for the Kona Stab years ago. They are now IMPOSSIBLE to find online, so I tried emailing Sun Ringle, I'm still waiting for a response.

I think the model is MTX S-type, if anyone wanted to know...

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
scooter916 said:

Plim, thoose are sick I9's I have orange spokes blue hubs and they are killer looking
Hah! Excellent! The world needs more orange. Especially bright orange with other bright colors. My orange hubs/spokes are on a bright green bike. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.