1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ska todd said:
Zanfel? Is he that pan-flute guy? :D

-ska todd
LOLOL - Master of zee pan flute! hahah..

if you ever get PO infection and it breaks out, you need to get Zanfel. it's flippin' expensive tho. it's good when you want to scratch. Just get in the hot shower and scratchhhhhh (it's a paste that scrubs all the oil out of your skin). Unfortunately It doesn't cure outbreaks. :(

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
baycat said:
Luc this helps too...I bathe in technu after my PO bouts

This season I've been doing full tecnu body washes after EVERY ride - but I guess the drive back from Boggs last weekend was enough to give me an outbreak :(

I also hate to say this...but Arrogant Bastard Ale is nasty stuff!! Beer should never have to be that hoppy :nono:

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Just reading the word Poison Ivy makes me itch. I am so allergic to the stuff. Have some Z in the medicince chest on lockdown.

There is a local spot I ride all the time that is just bursting with the stuff. So far only small ammounts on my ankles and wrists.

Greg
trying to stay PO free.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I was amazed by the amount of poison ivy of one of the slopes along the Mount Snow Pro DH course. Also, I was equally amazed by seeing people sitting in it and walking barefoot across it. Itchy! :eekster: I guess some people don't recognize the plant. Definitely makes for some interesting spectating areas. I wonder if any riders crashed and walked away with an additional surprise. I made it away unscathed thankfully.

toby

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what sux the most is that I used to be able to do just that - walk in it barefoot and not get infected. But last year I crashed and suffered a deep cut on my forearm, which required stitches – PI/PO went straight into my blood stream and I got a bad infection. Since then, I’ve developed an allergy to the nasty plant... :madman:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Acadian said:
what sux the most is that I used to be able to do just that - walk in it barefoot and not get infected. But last year I crashed and suffered a deep cut on my forearm, which required stitches - PI/PO went straight into my blood stream and I got a bad infection. Since then, I've developed an allergy to the nasty plant... :madman:
That's kinda creepy luc!
I didn't know that could happen.

I'm one of those lucky folks that's pretty much resistant to it.
BUT, i was hiking in the Santa Barbara area this weekend and got just a little bit itchy from the PO. Maybe it was a slightly different PO than what I'm "used" too.

I should stop writing about this now- I've probably "jinxed" my immunity!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Acadian said:
what sux the most is that I used to be able to do just that - walk in it barefoot and not get infected. But last year I crashed and suffered a deep cut on my forearm, which required stitches - PI/PO went straight into my blood stream and I got a bad infection. Since then, I've developed an allergy to the nasty plant... :madman:
It never used to bother me either especially as a kid. I could walk right through it without the slightest scratch. Something happened late in my college years that changed that, though. I still don't get it too bad, but it's still annoying. What ever you do, don't burn the vines in brush fires. I've heard of some nasty infection caused by inhaling the smoke fumes.:nono:

toby

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in the trees said:
It never used to bother me either especially as a kid. I could walk right through it without the slightest scratch. Something happened late in my college years that changed that, though. I still don't get it too bad, but it's still annoying. What ever you do, don't burn the vines in brush fires. I've heard of some nasty infection caused by inhaling the smoke fumes.:nono:

toby
I'm the same...I know folks that simply stands NEAR PI and get an infection! I'm pretty good about it, but with all the rain we had this winter, PI is overgrown and all over the place - pretty much inevitable if you ride a lot.

I hear this story about Colin Bailey and Kirt Voreis: they were building trails in SoCal in a area where there was tons of dead/dry PI. They both got external and internal infections from exposure…crasy!

BTW: Ryan - when there is no good beer...there's always :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.