Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of random. I don't know where this would go. But it's been bothering me:

Why does it say "SPECIAL $___.00 1 WEEK ONLY" if it has been up for like.. a month. Same sign, same "1 week only" except it's been saying that for a while.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Held over?

It could be that they hold the sale over until they sell the amount of inventory intended for the sale. In any event, it shouldn't be perceived as a negative. RSC always has great deals on Iron Horse products, and I've never heard anything bad about them.

Who knows why vendors do this? Having worked in retail before, it's just a marketing tactic. Catch someone's eye with a limited time deal and they will react. Put an item on sale for a week beginning Monday and ending Sunday. Sunday night the sale ends, only to begin again Monday morning for another week!

Bob

·
Registered
233 Posts
You pretty much see this with any company that actually has all new stock coming in at the start of the year. The idea is that it only lasts a week, but in the end it has to last until the old inventory is gone. The tag line is just kept to try and spur intrest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.