Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was pretty awesome, We were dropping down from the Water Tank through the small canopy of trees and right at the end something ran across the trail. Looked like a coyote so we didn't think much of it until 6 more of them ran across. My roomate was in front and he slammed on his brakes stopping about 3 feet in front of the big male that squared up with him. We were able to just turn around real fast and they kept doing their own thing. It was pretty cool.

·
Nothing can stop me now
1,045 Posts
They are there in the morning too...

I see them almost every morning when I ride DC. I get to the Water Tank just before 6am on the mornings that I ride and see them or smell them when I go through there.

Fun stuff.

The coyotes are way more common.....

bobo

·
Registered
67 Posts
funny...i have run into them at the exact same spot. they must have a home there. it was a family of four last time i saw them.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
gkl said:
funny...i have run into them at the exact same spot. they must have a home there. it was a family of four last time i saw them.
yup, i too have encountered them there. why? it's prolly the coolest spot around, under them shady trees. they're not dumb!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Me too.

Ive seen them in the same spot twice and once down one of the ravines just west of the water tank. The first time there was eight in the group.

I spooked them once and they scattered on both sides of the trail and I stopped and got some shots with my cell camera, but was not able to get close enough to be worth posting.

I wonder is someone from the houses puts food or water out for them?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The house right there runs a sprinkler on occasion. One time I rode by and got thoroughly doused. Got my attention!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You'd think they'd be over on the javelina trail though... I ran into them by the tanks a few times at night, one time they bombed the whole trail with the terrible scent. It was awefulll (like my spelling).

·
livin' the dream......
1,968 Posts
There is a house on that street that puts food out for wildlife over thier back wall.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My date trees are dropping dates daily now. Rabbits, javelinas,coyotes, fox, occasionally a skunk, ground squirrels, owls and even tortoise love the all you can eat buffet. It's especially interesting when the coyotes and javelinas dine together.....let the antics begin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.