Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was out on one of my mapping / trail ride /video expeditions today, and ran in to a couple Boise-Ites, seems they were on their way to Canada for a week of riding and stopped for a round of GOF (good ol farragut) for a camping spot on the way, and exploration to stretch their legs... If they are friends of yours, I tried to show em some trail hospita;ity, they seemed very impressed with the riding, and were suprised. Anyway, I also shot another vid,, this one was a new mount on the helmet, and seems a bit smoother if you want to check it out, it is here : http://lacticacidheads.com/xoops/html/modules/mydownloads/

It is 14 mins of singletrack Highpoint to Beaver Bay ...

If any folks are heading north,,,, drop a line,,, I am sure we could show ya a good time, with or without the dueling banjos :)

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
great to meet you....that would have been me and my wife. BTW, we had a great time riding up there and also in Canada. The frame held up even with a stress fracture behind the bottom bracket on the chainstay yoke. Still gotta check out the viddy and your website still...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Glad you found my post, and Also glad i did not scare you guys off, with the camera on my helmet and the GPS on the handlebars! Glad the bike made it through as well! Next time, send a message before you come up this way, and I will take you on a guided tour of the local stuff. Farragut is a great place to log some good trails from beginner to advanced if you know the routes... and I do ride many other spots as well....
The vid i made that morning is at www.lacticacidheads.com then hit the download page, it is labled "Highpoint to Beaver Bay" the mpeg version is about 116K the MOV version is about 600K but much nicer resolution if you have the bandwith. The trail maps are on the same page. I call my mapping efforts "MOJO-ROUTE'N

Happy Trails!

G

·
The Alman Bros never sounded so good Tripps!

I like the butterfly the best.

You know, if you get a 29'er you'll save some video space, just roll through those trails that much faster.

Might come up for the Hiawatha Moonlighter, think I can swing it.

Sal

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey STS,

Glad ya liked the Bros, and the Butterfly, it is really good in the bigger file, The first vid ( lower shoreline) was a bit "shaky" due t my first try at cam mount, but there is a UFO ( ok parasailer) i got at the end of its footage as well.

I may re schedule the Full moon for 2 reasons, 1. I looked at the wrong dates for the full moon, and 2, I am flying out Sunday for South Carolina and Philly for the week. Look for it to be re set for Mid August. ( Full moon closest to a saturday night)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.