Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived today. Weighed (793/808g), mounted and posed with the competition (quick and dirty pics). It is the one in the middle.
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Synthetic rubber Tread Auto part

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Bicycle tire Tire care

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Bicycle tire Shadow

Size looks like it is at least as big as the 26" version, if not bigger. Need to let the tire "stretch" overnight before measuring.

·
Registered
798 Posts
We got a pair today - Thanks Shiggy

shiggy said:
Arrived today. Weighed (793/808g), mounted and posed with the competition (quick and dirty pics). It is the one in the middle.
View attachment 182138
View attachment 182139
View attachment 182140
Size looks like it is at least as big as the 26" version, if not bigger. Need to let the tire "stretch" overnight before measuring.
We got a sample set today. Didn't get them mounted today. Shig, thanks for posting a pic. They look awesome!

Jason

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Is the tire on the far opposite side from the Ignitor a fast track?

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
Fire 29er ...

Looks like a 29" Fire.

No complaint, the fire is an awesome tire. Would have like to see something more like a Cinder 29. Maybe next year. ;-)

·
This place needs an enema
16,523 Posts
shiggy said:
Arrived today. Weighed (793/808g).
Got mine today too. 810g/806g. Let them stretch for ~4 hours before heading out for a ride. Got a solid 3 hours in on 'em. No comment so far--way too early. Nominal post-ride measurements were 56mm wide casing and 57mm wide tread. Note: Those measurements are with the tire mounted on a 38mm wide KH Uni rim! I stuck one onto a DT TK and the tread width was identical, but the casing was ~3mm narrower.

More after I get some good hours on 'em this weekend.

MC

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salsa Cycles said:
We got a sample set today. Didn't get them mounted today. Shig, thanks for posting a pic. They look awesome!

Jason
Thank Jeff, not me.

Thanks, Jeff!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
willtsmith_nwi said:
Looks like a 29" Fire.

No complaint, the fire is an awesome tire. Would have like to see something more like a Cinder 29. Maybe next year. ;-)
Not really. I have never cared for the Fire XC. Like the Cinder. Love the Rampage. (all in 26")

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
mikesee said:
Got mine today too. 810g/806g. Let them stretch for ~4 hours before heading out for a ride. Got a solid 3 hours in on 'em. No comment so far--way too early. Nominal post-ride measurements were 56mm wide casing and 57mm wide tread. Note: Those measurements are with the tire mounted on a 38mm wide KH Uni rim! I stuck one onto a DT TK and the tread width was identical, but the casing was ~3mm narrower.

MC
Which makes them....around the size of XR 2.25's?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Shiggy, Salsa Guy, and Mike,

Do you guys have prototypes, or is this basically what the consumer can expect? If it's close to the production model, how are the sidewalls? Judging from the weight you posted, it sounds like a good compromise, especially with the folding bead.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AteMrYeats said:
Shiggy, Salsa Guy, and Mike,

Do you guys have prototypes, or is this basically what the consumer can expect? If it's close to the production model, how are the sidewalls? Judging from the weight you posted, it sounds like a good compromise, especially with the folding bead.
Preproduction samples. Sidewalls are similar weight to the Exi.

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
Like a fire ...

shiggy said:
Not really. I have never cared for the Fire XC. Like the Cinder. Love the Rampage. (all in 26")
Well, they're not exactly the same. The middle nobs are diagonally offset unlike the fire. The knobs themselves have a slightly different profile. But it has the same side knob pattern as the fire.

In any case, it is certainly a more open design then those other tires. It is good to see variety.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the Rampage has about the width as the Exiwolf.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
More nevegal-ish

willtsmith_nwi said:
Looks like a 29" Fire.

especially the center knobs..

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jrm said:
especially the center knobs..
Only the center knobs. The first impression is Nevegal-like, then you see the significant differences.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts