Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about vintage Raleighs. Specifically a Raleigh Technium. When did they make the technium mountain bikes? Are they pretty good quality? It has araya rims which would make it pretty vintage. Does anyone else ride vintage Raleighs? Are they collectible?

·
bikespotter
108 Posts
I think techniums started in about 1988, usually with BB u-brakes, then went onto classier looking machines in 1991(ish), I always kinda liked em myself and you dont see a lot around, but I dont think they are that collectable there was one on fleabay for $40 bin recently.

check out mtbkataolg (see below) its PDF format but the 1991 technium models are half way down :smilewinkgrin:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge/PDF/Raleigh/Raleigh91.pdf

·
BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics of Raleigh Technium

Here are a couple pics of the Raleigh. It looks to be an early Raleigh Technium set up as a touring bike it has araya rims. Notice the pully brake for the ront and the internal cable routing. Looks to be an early 90s model. Anyone else have vintage Raleighs?

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
I've got 2.

Somewhere between '90-92 Bright Orange "Heat" Frame and Fork

And a similar vintage Anodized Blue w/black "Dash" AL Cross bike.

The "Heat" was/is a modified Commuter
The "Dash" is my fixed gear fender wearing winter bike.

·
Team Brooklyn
1,665 Posts
I've had a few over the last nearly 30 years and still have a few and ride them regularly today.
While I don't know of any failures, that doesn't mean they haven't and wont occur - just as can happen with any material.
Enjoy it, ride it, inspect it and remember it is vintage.
I am definitely not as resilient as I was 30 years ago and neither is a vintage bike.

·
No known cure
5,613 Posts
I had a 88 Tri Lite Pro road bike and a 91 Peak. Both rode very nice. My brother stripped the paint off the road bike with aircraft stripper not knowing the frame was bonded. I let him have the bike.

·
No known cure
5,613 Posts
I take it you and your brother aren't very close ;)
There was year difference between us and in those days we would get in fights everyday. We once had a party at my parents house. Five kegs and a band. Hundreds of people. The only problem all night was my brother and I fighting in the street outside the house. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.