Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talus Sport vs Seeker

My LBS has the Talus Sport on sale for $590. The Seeker will cost about $1000 after shipping.

I'm just getting back into biking after some injuries and I've never done much mountain biking before. I'll probably be taking it slow for a while so I don't necessarily need an air fork to start but I'd like a bike I can grow into and with that price difference I would be able to upgrade the Talus Sport's fork or use the Suntour until I destroy it and need another. I'm 6'1" 160lbs.

So I know the components are better on the Seeker, but are they significant enough to max out my budget on? I'm a little wary about buying online but I've heard nothing but good things about Airborne.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Everything is a little better, some components are a lot better. A 32lb bike is never going to be more fun than a comparable 28lb bike. Both of them are fairly low-end, but the difference is that the Seeker uses good serviceable stuff, and the Talus Sport uses basically the cheapest stuff available.

My vote: Buy the Goblin if you can swing it. It's not much more than the Seeker and it's a lot more bike. You can't spend the difference after you buy it and get similar value. If that's 100% not an option, then the Seeker is a far, far better choice than the Talus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts