Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
there was a black cat sighting @ pajaro valley high school today.

i rode to work during a nice window @ 7am.......rode to the watsonville bus station @ 4pm.....dickies soaked.....wore a rain jacket, top was dry......fun bus ride home, i was the only one on the bus.....chatted w/the driver.......get home, dry off commuter bike........whiskey and beer now.....try and road ride during breaks tomorrow....or if there's a real break....straight to the ord.

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,705 Posts
It looks like it, check out the storm feeding the trough coming straight through NorCal

Code:
      <applet CODEBASE="http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/java/animation/"
      code="AniS.class" width=610 height=530> 
      <param name="controls" value="startstop, looprock, step, speed, zoom, refresh, toggle"> 
      <param name="rate" value="40"> 
      <param name="pause_percent" value="800"> 
      <param name="use_caching" value="false"> 
      <param name="image_base" value="http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/other/animation/"> 
     <param name="filenames" value="IRCMP.GIF.1.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.2.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.3.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.4.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.5.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.6.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.7.jpg,IRCMP.GIF.8.jpg"> 
     </applet>

·
singletrack bound
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nativeson said:
there was a black cat sighting @ pajaro valley high school today.

i rode to work during a nice window @ 7am.......rode to the watsonville bus station @ 4pm.....dickies soaked.....wore a rain jacket, top was dry......fun bus ride home, i was the only one on the bus.....chatted w/the driver.......get home, dry off commuter bike........whiskey and beer now.....try and road ride during breaks tomorrow....or if there's a real break....straight to the ord.
same plan in the making after seeing the forecast. Possible break Sat early AM till 4:00 PM or so......may be down to the Creekside by 11.
BTW you on a black cat?

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
Tone No Balone said:
same plan in the making after seeing the forecast. Possible break Sat early AM till 4:00 PM or so......may be down to the Creekside by 11.
BTW you on a black cat?
black cat was down @ pvhs doing a brazing demo...him and the rop bike teacher are bros, you gotta come down and check out the bike shop class sometime. my black cat's about two years out, when i can afford one, or i'll just support taiwan instead, sad....hunter built me a custom cx frame last spring. my commuter's got fenders, if i need to i'll ride in the rain.

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
Tone No Balone said:
I have to agree with you.....Todd works his magic on those steel tubes!
wasn't able to make it over to the demo but todd & kirk said the kids were pretty receptive, at least w/the brazing demo, probably not the talking part....pretty cool for a rainy high school day..... he brought his road bike and a customer's frame in progress too. to continue the name dropping, joe graney was the guest speaker on tuesday.

you still headed down to creekside? if i can get motivated i'll try and cruise down.

·
singletrack bound
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nativeson said:
wasn't able to make it over to the demo but todd & kirk said the kids were pretty receptive, at least w/the brazing demo, probably not the talking part....pretty cool for a rainy high school day..... he brought his road bike and a customer's frame in progress too. to continue the name dropping, joe graney was the guest speaker on tuesday.

you still headed down to creekside? if i can get motivated i'll try and cruise down.
check your PM.....

Tone

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
Castle Rock on 35 as of 6 am just over 2" Camp Ben Lomand at the top of Empire Grade is at 3.5" at 6am. The winds were howling all night up here with lots of trees getting blown down

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
Looks like a break in the action this morning and early afternoon. Get the cross bike out and stay in lower elevation!!!

I got my rain helmet on.

Montebello road ride at 11am then party with the Pinoys maybe.

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,019 Posts
Today, the bullseye is on San Luis Obispo. They are getting pounded and we are getting sprinkles.

Good day for cruising around the asphalt hills.

fc

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I managed to squeeze a 3 hour ride in to a 2 hour break this morning. Glad to get outside and save myself from the trainer for another day. Got pretty wet at the end, and water, lycra and road rash are not a good combination, but had fun nonetheless. Think I set a world distance record for a snot rocket up towards the Mt Diablo summit.

Oh yeah, it happened:

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

·
singletrack bound
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
got 3 hrs:10 mins

from 11:00 - 2:30

out of the Inter-garrison lot and we didn't get rained on.

Tackyness to the fullest!

ran into Bob of Bobcat Cycles out there @ top of Blair Witch and chit chatted a bit.

drove home in the rain.....:D

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Rain Smane

Snuck out and did Kennedy on the Bullit today. Not to bad on the climb but coming down Dogmeat was a bear with no fender, head wind with light rain, and no glasses. I must have rode half of it with my eyes closed (check line, close eyes, open one eye, check line, close, open other eye, stop, get dirt out of last opened eye, repeat). Also made it up the last two walls in the middle gear...I walked it but it was in the middle gear while I was hiking. Gotta love a good rain ride to feel like a kid again. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts