Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started off as a very windy day in the Vegas valley. The wind was blowing so hard, everything had a nice crusty layer of dirt on it by 10 AM. Then lunch rolled around and i went to put some gas in the car. Wow! a whopping 8 gallons full for my 20 dollar bill. WTF is going on here. What happened to driving is a privilage(as learned in 80"s drivers ed). To a new world order neccesity. How did i get caught up in this 9-5 city living? I really feel for you so-cal or other high population areas where a daily work commute is a few hours time. The only way to get off these thoughts was to get straight home through the rush hour drive and gear up! I headed out the back of my neighborhood to further my exploration of the rainbow gardens ,east of Las Vegas. The area is currently used mostly by MX riders in the lower parts. However, there are many miles of potential ST to be built. I have the contact info needed but, i need to get a good understanding of the area to present to the blm guys to get the ball rolling. This secret(not really secret) valley just begs to have some MTB ST devirginize her hills.
Note- i will not participate in illegal trail building. The area was once used as geological study area but, as far as i have found out, those studies were completed over 15 years ago. It is now "multi-use" recreatin land.
Pics(hmm seem to upload out of order?)
#1 rocks at trail head.
#2 the long road up
#3 crossing the wash to get to the east side.
#4 trail head (30 mins from my house)

Attachments

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Nice shots E! I really like that dark skyline shot. Gearing up for the Gooseberry trip this weekend. Weather looks like its going to be great. I will probably ride Wed, Thurs, and maybe a shorty on Sat before we head out. talk to you in the next few days to get the schedule straight,

Shawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.