Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
D'oh. does anyone want to prognosticate on how demo, china camp and/or t-rancho will look like for this weekend? best case we get a warm thu and fri to dry things up and end up w/ tacky dirt for the wknd

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D'oh. does anyone want to prognosticate on how demo, china camp and/or t-rancho will look like for this weekend? best case we get a warm thu and fri to dry things up and end up w/ tacky dirt for the wknd
If we didn't get another drop of rain, they'd be fine. But with any moisture now, it will be touch and go. We are approaching waterlogged conditions with these last three storms i think.

fc

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd expect Tamarancho to be a now go this weekend. It was pouring in Marin around noon, steady rain since and more coming this week.

China Camp seems like the better option to me but will still be soggy.

Or sign up for the Napa Dirt Classic on Sunday!

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Well we all knew winter was gonna come back sooner or later...right? Hey who knew it was going to come back in spring. Just another week of squeezing um in between fronts. Weather jockey said it was gonna be 70 by Saturday.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice. I did a sneak out run at da Dog to beat the rain too. No photos, no Strava, no evidence except for the smile on my face when the rain came down.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It's dumping here on the coast. My empty bucket has about two inches in it since this morning. Not scientific or accurate, but noticeable.

I was realizing the solution to Santa Cruz's drought problem really should be MORE Mountain Bike Festival. It always seems to rain right around then.

Pity the wife and I will be spending all of Saturday in the city, I'd really like to bring my CX bike up to Half Moon Bay Friday (staying overnight) and get some pedaling in which she is at her work retreat. Don't trust the bike in the car unattended.

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
Put the NOAA.gov mobile radar page on your phones bookmarks and bring a rain jacket!

Should be nice this weekend! I'm prepping the cx bike as we speak....

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Last week I put away all of my winter riding clothing and brought out the lighter weight stuff. I take full credit for this rain.;)

·
Mtbr Founder
34,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh we're about to get hammered one more time. Then hopefully, it's clear sailing til the Ottah.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Meh! Let it DUMP!
We need rain. Especially here in Ottah-land...

·
RIDDLELDDIR
1,284 Posts
+1

Let it pour- We have all summer to roast in the sun and watch Ord turn into a litter box. again.

Speaking of Sea Otter.. I was just up at Laguna Seca yesterday spying on things during my lunch break.. Slalom course looks AMAZING. DH course looks... yep. AMAZING.

Respect goes out to the ones that make it happen rain or shine, no doubt!

·
Registered
416 Posts
It's gotten so bad I bought a road bike today....

* hangs head in shame *

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
^^ I KNOW you're kidding (say it ain't so).

My road bike is my mountain bike, because there's always a little dirt and a few features if you keep your eyes open!

Edit: Dude. You just lost all of your DH mojo.

"I'll be waiting for you when you get bored." ~ Dirt

·
roadie
744 Posts
It's gotten so bad I bought a road bike today....

* hangs head in shame *
did you also stroll into your local mike's bikes and to get fitted for a $13,000 sworks venge super record then at the cash register bust out all like "April fools, yo!!!"?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts