Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the trail repair going Matt?

Matt “I'm sick of this subject always returning as soon as there is even a chance of rain and the potential of trail damage blah blah blah blah blah!!!”

M “It is officially the off season, excpet for random races, cross etc”

M “Ya I am local and I do ride there often. Interesting enough the swap area that you always talk about seems to have lots of FRESH tire marks that are spread out farther and farther than the original trail line. I do walk that section and yet I was one of the bastards that did the first marathon that Dan ran.”

M “All the time you keep going after Dan for this, why don't you talk to all the land owners that he would have had to talk to to run his race. They said yes!! and YOUR trails are on THEIR land.”
PT What should I say Matt that would not end in close the trails to MTBing

M “Now your comment on that racers do way more damage than rec riders. i did ride that same trail section right after the race and yes there were tracks. Now it's 3 months later and guess what buddy. There has been no race since. Hey the trail is in worst shape now than after the race. Hmmmmm wonder why? Aww because a rec rider might not have the knowledge to NOT ride a trail that is questionalbe. My trip down that trail recently was the first time in many months so of course I didn't realize that the damage had increased. So your comment does racinig cause more damage then rec riders. Looks like at this point no it doesn't. I would have been out there with a rake and shovel had I known, and since I do now once the rain stops I will be out there if it is ok with you that I do work on your trails. I hope so since it seems that you don't want to do it anymore.”
PT You did not ride that same trail after the race, walk…maybe? And you did not fix it…now you know…rake and shovel..it is more then OK with me…I have been asking for this all summer.

M “Here is a really simple thought Phat. If you get mad at people riding/racing on the trails that you maintain. Then stop. Don't do the work. I can be 100% certain that people will take over and continue the work. Why do I think this. Because I can think of people in 3 different clubs that have all spent time in Copeland (your trail) with rakes, shovels and saws in the spring and the fall doing trail clean up. Just so you are aware I have even put my time in there raking. Awww the bastard racer did work in YOUR trails!!!!!!!!!!”
PT I am not going to walk away from the work that has been done, but I will hammer you about this section of trail until you or the other 3 clubs fix it, what are we at now 3 or 4 months, you people sure are slow while the damage continues.

M “ Phat, the fact that you keep beating your head against the wall over and over again on trails that you continue to maintain and clean up after everyone who rides on them tells me either you have way to much time on your hands or you have a cleaning fetish. “
PT Everything in life that is good is worth working for.

M “I've told people this many times, if you don't like doing it, quit, nobody is making you do it. Guess what if you quit people will pick up the slack and do the job with a lot less complaining! That's just life.”
PT I like trails that MY local community can enjoy and look after. I do not like it when these trails are abused and left in a mess. The slack is still waiting to be picked up since this spring. Matt you have had plenty of time to repair, what is taking so long???

·
Gears, beers and slices..
316 Posts
Close that trail - it's a bad build.

The most responsible thing to do may be to close that trail permanently. It's October and it hasn't yet dried out from a wet summer, so obviously it was built in an area where a sustainable trail never should have been made.

Face it - it's just a bad build.

Just thinking out loud here, but aren't conditions in a swamp usually...um...swampy? Really, who on earth would have thought it was a good idea building a sustainable trail through a swamp?

It's a bad build. Ball's in your court now, sicko.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I only raced for two years and don't have much of an expertise in that department, but what with all this ongoing discussion perhaps there's an opportunity to clear up a couple of points of historical interest to me. In the two years that I raced, I recall two venues that experienced mudbath racing conditions and which never (to my knowledge) held any race events afterwards. The first was Skyloft/Lakeridge which I rode, and the second was Beaver valley which I didn't. I never did hear why they stopped holding events at either location but particularly Beaver valley since Jim Crosscombe was such a huge supporter of mountain bike events at that time. Anyone here know what happened?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hey TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really do need to get a life. I had a really great conversation with an old friend a few weeks ago that lives in Pine Ridge. Apperently they got harrassed by some people for running a trail running race through Copeland forrest. HMMM was that you???

Tom you can continue to repost everything that I have said over and over again and it will just completely reinforce the fact that you are a closed mind idiot who no matter what is done will always continue to ***** and complain. It was either not done at all or that it wasn't done right or to your standards.

As for the constant complaint of you saying about all this damage that was done and the signs that were left and garbage that was not sleaned up. I've heard now from more than one source that the trails were frixed after the race. Maybe not 10 minutes after the last rider went through like you would have wanted but non the less done. So was the damage from the rec rider that have gone through there since the race 5 months ago?? Do you think more than 60 people have been on that trail in the last 5 months. Come on I'm a realist.

As for the trail signs, well the race was delayed by almost an hour because signs went missing. Hey what are the chances that those signs reapeared after the race.

Tom you can continue to open your annoying mouth as you much as you want but unless you want to sit down in person and have a face to face conversation about this, and I'm not the only one who would be interested in this I think you need to stop pointing fingers. People that blame others for everything usually have major self confidence issues. D you need a hug??? Tom I'm trying to be nice here, hell I'll even pay for the coffee.

I will remind you of this, the PM that you sent to me when PR and I were chatting about places to ride last year and you asked me nicely to not talk about the trails that you built. Keep it a secret so know one will ride it. Dude I drove past there today on my way home, It was packed again with horse trailers, They don't read this forum, hikers with dogs, they dont read this forum and a few cars with bike racks. Tom I guess all the people that read here are riding somewhere else.

You put it somewhere allright, you put your head up your ass and can't find it!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Matt 24 solo said:
Hey TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really do need to get a life. ......
You put it somewhere allright, you put your head up your ass and can't find it!!!
Wow, you just got back from the Hardwood 50 km Singletrack Challenge and this is the thread you posted on?!?!

What about telling me what a great race I missed?

What about results?

Hope it was a good day. I should have gone.

·
Banned
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Close it !!!

Pizza "Face it - it's just a bad build."

Well it was a nice trail, the white slashes tell me it is Ganaraska Hiking Trail, so instead of fixing it you think it should just be closed. That should help MY community get along with each other.:rolleyes: Thanks for all the promotion Pizza. :thumbsup:

Matt "Tom you can continue to repost everything that I have said over and over again and it will just completely reinforce the fact that you are a closed mind idiot who no matter what is done will always continue to ***** and complain"

Matt please fix the trail like you said you would. Someone is lying to you because the trail was not fixed after the race and you know it still needs fixing.

Star Trek .....Phucking Nerds

·
316 Posts
Phun Tymes

Tom (aka Phat Tyred),

I feel sad for you. Any sense of credibility or inphluence that you may have once had is shot because of your guerilla tactics. You truly don't understand what you've become, do you? You're like that kid in school who thinks everybody is laughing with him.

Tom, I rode COPELAND PHOREST on the weekend.
I rode your phucking trails.
I rode your phucking land.
They were phun.

Phat says that I should post directions in case anyone else whats to experience Copeland Forest, Tom's Forest, etc.

Come on now and send me one of those phunny little PM's. I love those - they're phantastic. You know, the ones where you tell me to ph*ck myself? Oooh, they're so clever. They make me all warm and phuzzy inside...

·
Living Life Behind Bars..
380 Posts
" Phat says that I should post directions in case anyone else whats to experience Copeland Forest, Tom's Forest, etc.

Come on now and send me one of those phunny little PM's. I love those - they're phantastic. You know, the ones where you tell me to ph*ck myself? Oooh, they're so clever. They make me all warm and phuzzy inside..."

I have the GPS track from the Marathon long course if anyone wants it.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts
Just an observation about all this.

Don't tell anyone about the trails? Come on, some one has lost their reality. This info is publicly available. Check out Rider Mel's Ontario Guide, specifically see page 64 for map and page 65 for info.

Next thing, last time I was there I saw guy's ripping through on ATV's.

Next thing. Phat Tyred you act like this is the greatest thing in the world. I got news for you. It isn't, the system is Shat. I'm from BC and sorry to tell you the system is more like a fix me up. You act like people do trail work in there. I doubt it. Was there several times from 2002 till 2007 and nothing was changed. There was still deadfall blocking trail.

The way you behave is like one of those rich elitist chalet owners right near the trail. Let me guess the smell of sweat offended your wife?

Your attitude of elitism doesn't deter people. It makes people like me want to ride it even more. And to bring car loads of friends just to piss you off.

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
Enduramil said:
Don't tell anyone about the trails? Come on, some one has lost their reality. This info is publicly available. Check out Rider Mel's Ontario Guide, specifically see page 64 for map and page 65 for info.
Translation ; don't tell any racers, or people who are wearing gear that looks like what a racer would wear, or anyone that knows anyone who may be a racer or else talk to racers. They're all equally evil.

Everyone else? No problem. Come and use the trails. Even though your casual use will far outnumber the number of racer tires ever touching the trails, the racers have a web forum they frequent and they're easy to visually identify on the trails (because no one in their right mind would ever wear lycra unless they were a racer) so we know we can always blame the stinkin' racers when all else fails.

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
veteran_youth said:
Mods?

Anybody seen a mod?

Do we even have a mod?
Mod interaction with the Eastern forum is infrequent, but it does happen. As a specific example, an entire thread was deleted a couple of months ago primarily composed of posts between PT and myself, most of which I never actually saw because I had just finished shunting PT to my ignore list.

I don't think moderator intervention is really the ticket, because people could always post from another computer with a different IP address. It did occur to me that all it would take is to have a few people each post up one of those oh-so special PM's from PT into a thread together, then direct a moderator toward the compiled thread. That would be bye-bye PT unless he decided to go to the trouble of changing his IP address.

Personal ignore lists have the equivalent effect though. Works for me so far.

·
No. Just No.
5,328 Posts
Here's the nice little ditty below PT sent to my InBox. Anyone else have any similar contributions?

from Phat Tyred, circa 08-02-2009

Balls and Brains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O kay buddy lets see if you have the brain power to go toe to toe with me here in private. I have always found that trail builders work for the love of the sport and race promoter$ do it for the glory of the attention. You will not have all your girlfriends to help you here and you will know when you have been beaten, just like old givengears. Do not shy away if you consider yourself a man.

"I just find it laughable that you consider your situation from the Horseshoe marathon to fall under the category of extreme circumstances"

The trails in Horseshoe are somewhere around 75% perfect and could be raced on without damage. 25% of them break the good building practice by being too fall line. People who ride them all season long know where the 25% spots are and guide their steeds accordingly. Over the years bad spots are being repaired by side cuts, reroutes and closing. This is all being done by volunteers in a great MTB community at a reasonable but slow pace. We like to ride more then build. We make plans to correct bad layouts and get around to it when we can. It will take years of dedication to bring the trail up to a hardwood standard. A lot of dedication will be needed along with a great attitude towards what needs to be done. Then along comes a phucking jerk off race promoter who has the legal right to hold a race on 100% of the trails, all in the name of good for MTBing. BULL, do it for free if you have that much good will to give.

The bad 25% will be in real tough shape after the event. All the race phags will look at the 75% and say they had not ill effects, in fact they think they left it in better shape then they found it. BULL Now back to the attitude that is needed to fix up the bad 25% that would have been fine for a few more years, giving time to redo. It is now phucked all at once and the volunteers say to themselves why we would want to continue to be saps for a race promoter’s gain. All this equals $hit trails, way to go Phuck head.

Let’s see what is between your ears and between your clean shaven legs

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think the crowd had spoken.

Circlip, great email to save. Hey Tom (phat) it's not my off season so that means hairy legs and maybe even baggies. If I take some air out of my rear suspension would it be all right for me to possibly ride your trails?? Oh by the way the gnarly berms are great, did you build them???? Oh wait no you did not so you are not the only trail builder in that forest!!!.

·
316 Posts
Some more Phat Tyred PM's

Here's a couple of the cleaner PM's. Phatty loves me.

--Circa May 2009--
Show don't tell, and keep the locations of the trails off the web. Publicity brings more trouble then it could ever be worth. Building singletrack in a public forest is illegal. I have done most of my work at Tom's and Copeland, been rakin since 2000. How does our work look so far, we are not done. We have the greatest trail system in Ontario and we live very close to Toronto. Half of Barrie is alright, it is Toronto that I worry about. It is nice enough that people risk being caught breaking the law, you do not need to alert the land managers and flood the place with cityits.

--Circa June 2009--
When you first showed up here with your very loud mouth, I took time to educate you on things like do not be so phucking stupid to talk about singletrack in a county forest. I thought you were just dumb. Turns out you are not just dumb but also involved in a race at a place where it should not happen. Interesting the you have no problem throwing my work under a bus just so you can have a one day race. What will happen to the trail down the road? As if you give a phuck any way right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.