Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how it is where you are, but the rain is killing my riding. Here in CT, either it's raining or on the days when it's not raining I've got other things to do. This is killing me.

D

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Oh c'mon! Riding in mud is half the fun of riding in CT, and you can't have mud without rain. Besides, 10" over the weekend is not that much, is it? Face it, you can't ride in CT during the summer. It's either too hot and humid, or it's raining and the trails are mud-bound.

·
just have fun!
154 Posts
Yeah, here in Delaware it's been raining too damn long. And I'm not gonna be that jackass who goes out and tears up muddy singletrack. It'll dry out, just gotta be patient. Lots of road riding!

·
Registered
751 Posts
arrowheadtroutm said:
Just be glad you weren't flooded out; just be glad you don't have to rely on rain to make your crops grow.

Man people whine about anything nowadays. Be grateful...we needed rain.
um, no we didn't. do some research before posting, otherwise you look like an idiot. the northeast is pretty much under water right now. don't know where you live, but here in NJ (and CT, VT, PA, NY, MA, ME, DC, and the entire eastern seaboard) the amount of rain that has fallen here has caused massive flooding, mudslides, 10+ deaths, mass evacuations and other horrible conditions. we ARE being flooded out, and biking is mostly out of the question due to trail conditions from all this rain.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/news-weather-headlines.asp

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/starledg...njo_ledgerupdate/archives/2006_06.html#156080

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/28/us/28cnd-flood.html

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20060628-1106-northeastflooding.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9648031/

·
Beer
124 Posts
DBomb said:
I don't know how it is where you are, but the rain is killing my riding. Here in CT, either it's raining or on the days when it's not raining I've got other things to do. This is killing me.

D
Send it our way, we'll take some of it. Its been dry and hot all summer here on the Colorado front range. The wild fires are already starting. I would love to just a few days rain.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea man, rain is good, but too much rain is not good... Here in PA, the river i live by is flooding over and over 200,000 people in PA are being urged to evacuate. This will be the second highest the river has ever gotten in history. It will peak at 39 ft tonight and the flood stage is 22ft!!

In a lil bit Im headed over to the river to offer any help and to see this sight that doesnt come very often... I'll try and take some good pics (although i am going to be there 3 hours before peak stage) and then ill post them to prove to you people that too much rain is never good.

My favorite LBS is right on the river and guarenteed by tonight it will have at least 2 ft of water covering the showroom floor, and it is rated as one of the top 100 bike shops in America. Full of treks and cannondales and this store offers the best custumer service I have ever experienced ever in my life... As well as free rides where the store pays for ice cream, soda, etc...

Its hard to see such a great business get hit so hard for the second time (first time when that hurricane came up here) last year or so.

Best of wishes and everyone please stay safe,
--Evader

·
DeForest Stump
972 Posts
i hear ya d, i had last fri, sat + sun off and it rained the whole time (in ri) you guys in ct seem to be getting even more rain than us.:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya, its been raining up here in MA for as long as i can remember. ive only gotten 1 ride in this week. its hard for me because most of the trails i ride either cross a river or a next to one. so... when it rains, it totally floods the trails. man i hate rain!

·
Harrumph
1,598 Posts
Of course this starts the moment I bust outside for the first ride of a new bike, only to put it back in the stand for a week. If you follow the 24hrs/inch of rain rule it will be another week before you can be nice to the trails.

·
Registered
751 Posts
well on my normal trail, there are sections that are starting to look bad from people dealing with it. huge ruts all over the place that when dried make the section damn near unrideable. there's just no other choice though. you either ride through the mud or you don't ride at all...

·
Registered
62 Posts
TrekFan said:
um, no we didn't. do some research before posting, otherwise you look like an idiot. the northeast is pretty much under water right now. don't know where you live we ARE being flooded out, and biking is mostly out of the question due to trail conditions from all this rain.
I live in central PA, and don't think I am an idiot, sir. To whine about weather because it cramps your hobby when people live or die by the weather is idiotic, sir. I spent 2 days and nights trying to keep trout in a hatchery from being flooded out, sleeping a total of 9 hours in 3 days, and you whine about biking? Yes, I am aware of the weather, but I think we should be greatful nothing worse happened to us.

·
Registered
751 Posts
arrowheadtroutm said:
I live in central PA, and don't think I am an idiot, sir. To whine about weather because it cramps your hobby when people live or die by the weather is idiotic, sir. I spent 2 days and nights trying to keep trout in a hatchery from being flooded out, sleeping a total of 9 hours in 3 days, and you whine about biking? Yes, I am aware of the weather, but I think we should be greatful nothing worse happened to us.
ok, let's review your words:

"Just be glad you weren't flooded out"- wrong. we were...

"just be glad you don't have to rely on rain to make your crops grow"- i have no idea what you meant here, but all the rain certainly has helped the damn grass, trees, weeds, etc here, not to mention all the damn mosquitos and ticks

"Man people whine about anything nowadays"- yeah, i think all the rain makes whining (and crying, and praying) justified.

"Be grateful...we needed rain"- the money shot right there. we did not need the rain, and any damn fool could see that...

sorry, but you lose...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.