Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see the photos and hear the stories of these epic storms!!!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
So far 3.4 inches of rain in Julian. I hope to slip down to the desert tomorrow to get a ride in. The wind is insane here. Gusting to 40 and higher!

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
We rode Nordhoff ridge weekend of Thanksgiving, the total in rain up there from this continuous storm was 9.5 inches this morning, probably the same coming again in though Wednesday, maybe snow too.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Got down to the desert. Rained on me but the conditions were good. Got soaked and had a nice time.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since last Friday morning, Lake Casitas (Oak View/Ojai) area auto rain gauge claims 11.4inches of rain!! Hasn't rained for the last 24-30 hours. Looks like time for the skinny tires (road) for several days to give trails time to dry out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
More Like You

cjpxc said:
Since last Friday morning, Lake Casitas (Oak View/Ojai) area auto rain gauge claims 11.4inches of rain!! Hasn't rained for the last 24-30 hours. Looks like time for the skinny tires (road) for several days to give trails time to dry out.
Wish more thought like you. Had three guys in full face helmets come down La Costa yesterday while I was cleaning out drains. It had only stopped raining 2-3 hours earlier. So much water coming out of the ground the gopher holes looked like broken water mains.

I can only imagine the number of self entitled morons out today and the number tomorrow.

·
Ride lots...
891 Posts
North San Diego County:

View of the road at the trail head parking lot on Wednesday:

A couple pics of the worst hit sections of trail. The black line shows where the trail used to be:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts