Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
wow i have not been there in 10 years how are the trails i know there was alot of sand by the RR tracks as you came down to them on the green belt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can someone tell me where you ride a mountain bike in the Bethpage trails? I live on them and have an opening to them on my side property. I just see a paved road that leads to Jones Beach.

No hills
Pavement

Any tour guides here?

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
If you take Bethpage State Pkwy to the end (if you're coming from the South end), go around the cirlce, to the second exit there, into the park entrance before 135 (after Park Police Hdquts), take that all the way to the end, make a left, there should be a booth for parking fares, and there are multiple trail heads all along the parking lots.

·
Registered
14 Posts
SuperKat7 said:
If you take Bethpage State Pkwy to the end (if you're coming from the South end), go around the cirlce, to the second exit there, into the park entrance before 135 (after Park Police Hdquts), take that all the way to the end, make a left, there should be a booth for parking fares, and there are multiple trail heads all along the parking lots.
Thanks - but I mean when you are in them. I get in on Merrick Rd in Massapequa. People are riding road bikes! Where is the dirt, jumps, ets?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
jdoria said:
Can someone tell me where you ride a mountain bike in the Bethpage trails? I live on them and have an opening to them on my side property. I just see a paved road that leads to Jones Beach.

No hills
Pavement

Any tour guides here?
Go to the CLIMB monthly mountain bike beginners ride at Bethpage...the first Saturday of the month...best way you can learn the trails.

Info here:
http://www.CLIMBonline.org

You can also ask questions on their message board.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Last time I was there the dirt jumps were on the 135 side. They get plowed every now and then.
You just have to ride around and check things out. It's not too big so you can cover the whole place in one ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.