Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bulk of rain passed last night and there was not much 0.00" in san jose. Today looks to be just a few sprinkles here and there specially in the south bay.

Just be careful of the wind and that nothing falls on you. But wind actually dries out the trails.

Get out and ride and report back.

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
There are definitely going to be trees down with that sort of wind!

Speaking of which, Monday afternoon at Skeggs there was a tree down on the upper part of Manzanita. I guess while I'am at it, Blue Blossom was muddy, middle Leaf (north part of south leaf) was a bit muddy, the singletrack part of Methuselah had significant mud, and the top part of Resolution had a bit of mud. Of course ECdM trail down near the creek had its usual mud holes. Manzanita, Giant Salamander, North Leaf, Crosscut & Crossover all fine. Didn't do South Leaf since middle Leaf was muddy, and of course didn't get on Sierra Morena. Amazingly there were still a few patches of snow in the trees right near CM03.

Anyway, watch out for downed trees!

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
From yesterday

francois said:
The bulk of rain passed last night and there was not much 0.00" in san jose. Today looks to be just a few sprinkles here and there specially in the south bay.

fc
Pre-percipitation, I was scouting the front though. We did get a good amount overnite up here in the northbay. This area, right near town and including a section of the B.A.R. Trail, was on its way to drying out. Again. Oh well, makes for some lush surroundings.

The "STIL" sign must be for the roadies that use for a cheater route up and over the paved access path as a shortcut from D St. over to Chileno Valley Road. Posers. ;)

Attachments

·
Spin-stabilized
1,490 Posts
South leaf proper was good prior to the last "storm". Watch out though as there's a fallen tan oak tree at one of the steep and fun rooty section near the top, portage required. I wish I had my saw with me. Locoyokel got it right. Fireroads were kind of a mess too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
is anyone planning to hit annadel (north, south burma, marsh up to buick meadow) before saturday? i'm hoping conditions are ok for the weekend, otherwise it'll be power walking in howarth park for me, ha ha.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Easy

dth656 said:
is anyone planning to hit annadel (north, south burma, marsh up to buick meadow) before saturday? i'm hoping conditions are ok for the weekend, otherwise it'll be power walking in howarth park for me, ha ha.
Give Breakaway Bikes in Rohnert Park a call @ 1.707.586.3400. They can fill you in on conditions, as owner/staff ride/live right near park. Then stop in on the way there and get some goodies.:D But looks like rain again on Friday. :madmax:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1594842783&sk=info

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
I know i know..

francois said:

Just be careful of the wind and that nothing falls on you. But wind actually dries out the trails.

fc
riding the road isnt the same but between work,broncitis and the rain thats been it. Hey if anyone wants to tag along let me know. So far its been me, my light and some big ass racoons that been keeping me company.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dirt Alpine

Tried to ride up dirt Alpine today....big mistake...muddy as heck...in fact I got so much chain suck my derailleur bent up on itself...it's completely hosed now...arghhh...that'll teach me.

Update: Passion fixed me up...$420 of damage though...arghh

·
Mtbr Founder
35,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
St. Joes was surprisingly soft today. I know this since it hindered my normally explosive acceleration. :D

It should be much better by tomorrow pm.

Pretty though...
(justjeff shot this with an iphone)

fc

Attachments

·
singletrack bound
3,107 Posts
DrWheels said:
Any slackers going to Demo tomorrow? I'm thinking of going Sat afternoon but only if it's not too muddy.
if today's ride is any indication in Nisene on the Aptos side, I'd say a couple more days is needed as I got pretty trashed in there today! Friday will be a Fort ride and maybe Saturday or Sunday I may go back in and check it out! :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
JMac47 said:
Give Breakaway Bikes in Rohnert Park a call @ 1.707.586.3400. They can fill you in on conditions, as owner/staff ride/live right near park. Then stop in on the way there and get some goodies.:D But looks like rain again on Friday. :madmax:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1594842783&sk=info
i checked forecast again, and seems like the rain will come in sat PM....so hopefully things will be ok afternoon....

good idea on calling those guys, esp if they live nearby..

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.