Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy. I sure am.

Riding a lot of the same stuff I'd ride my Liteville 301 on...though often getting in over my head. First company to offer a legit 29+ fork will sell many (I get to try one from one company next week and another is letting me try in secret another fork Saturday). Meantime...it is ridiculous how much confidence the big 3" tires offer. Ridiculous. As someone who's 6'2" and 220lbs I know how you skinny 150lb riders feel now :)

Build:
Singular Rooster 29+ frame
Singular/Reynold's Tapered Steerer steel fork (amazing)
xx1
Magura MTS Brakes
Velocity Dually Pro Wheels
Syntace 780mm low rise bar
Truvative 65mm DH stem/post
Ergon Saddle
Race Face Cranks (36t ring)
Rotor Chain

rooster2.jpg roosterroost.jpg

·
Registered
450 Posts
I know you can't reveal what the forks are...but any information about the axle setup would be awesome....hopefully standard 15x100. I'm building up a 29+ bike in the near future, and would like to be able to swap between rigid and suspended without building up a second front wheel, which is the problem with all the available 29+ options (the fork of many names, the bluto, Lefty), with the exception of jamming a Knard into a 29er fork with a few mm of clearance.

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be 15mm...that's the industry standard for the most part. 20mm isn't ever coming back. Odd axels will only be found on stupid expensive stuff where if you have to ask if you need a new wheel you're no the intended market :)

But yes, 15mm x 100mm axel. I highly recommend going with the Velocity wheelsets that are available as they include all end caps (and they're bad ass wheels). I'll have 2 proto/test forks I'll be swapping between as well as the original Singular steel fork (which makes you ask "What's carbon"?) .

And while many will tell you that "I've ran the Knard on XYZ fork with zero problems", when I've dug into these stories in the past they don't mention scary tire rub or that they weigh 150lbs or any numerous other issues when you really pin 'em against the wall on that question. And right now? Wait. The options will be available as early as August and as late as November. Don't cobble.

-J

ps I'm working on trying a Bluto with the Rooster and a 29+ wheel. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Juansevo, you should make it clear that you are the US distributor for Singular. This isn't exactly an unbiased ride experience.
Yeah, I was about to say the same. The bike looks great, no doubt about that but I would love to hear more about it from someone who is not affiliate with Singular. No offense..

·
Registered
450 Posts
I highly recommend going with the Velocity wheelsets that are available as they include all end caps (and they're bad ass wheels).
This I am not so sure about, the Dually Comp wheels are $850. I can get a custom built set with hope hubs, DT butted spokes, and alloy nipples with dually's for $100 less, that weigh about 100g less. Yes, I don't get all the conversion end caps, but I don't plan on converting to any other standards.

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seat_Boy: Sorry yeah I forgot the thread that i "outed" myself as the new importer was in the same forum. I probably should start a new account that I use from here on out.

Yes, full disclosure I own Colorado Speciality Velo (Fine Bicycle Products from here to the UK) and I am the importer of Singular Cycles from the UK. Apologize for not making it clear, I guess I'm so used to logging in and posting it slips in my head I'm now on the other side of the fence so to speak.

And yes, it would appear unbiased to comment on some features. But so all know, I'm 6'2" and 230lbs. The stiffness of the tapered steel steerer of the fork is a big deal for a guy my size. :)

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if you can get a custom built set for $100 less and 100 grams less I won't argue there. And hope does offer end caps for QR and 15mm which covers really anything 90% of the public will ride.

·
Front Range Cyclist
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Max24: You'll be seeing more soon. Just watch the front pages of various sites over the next 6 months. Including this one :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts