Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mountain Bike Action, Bike, Mountain Bike, or Dirt Rag.

Which do you like better and why?

IMO, Mountain Bike Action has short articles that are somewhat informative, but generally uninteresting and very boring. I'm kind of annoyed at their attempts to be different -- using the english system for component weights and using the term "black diamond" riding (how gay is that?). Oh yeah, the multi-page ads are annoying too.

Bike is ok, long articles that are somewhat interesting and well-written. Way too many pictures and somewhat lacking in technical and product info. Mountain Bike is a throw away mag that comes free with a subscription to Bicycling magazine. It's crap...I flip thru it once and throw it out. Dirt Rag pretty good articles and stories, but they are too long, and not enough pictures.

In the end, I find myself settling for the boring, catalog/magazine Mountain Bike Action because the only time I get to read bike mags is when I'm taking a crap. Mountain Bike Action seems to have the best content for 10 to 15 minutes on the crapper. If I took longer dumps, perhaps I would get to finish some of the better articles in the other mags.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Only one I even consider anymore is Dirt Rag, and I can't see myself buying that anymore. Too much money for far too many ads. It just isn't the same since Dirt Rag changed their cover. The rest are good for toilet paper, the wiping kind, not reading material. I suppose since I'm a XC rider I lost my interest when they quit reviewing good XC hardtail rides, and SS too. This is just my opinion, its probably only good for wiping poo too.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Dirt Rag, MBA

thegood said:
Mountain Bike Action, Bike, Mountain Bike, or Dirt Rag.

Which do you like better and why?

Dirt Rag. I took out a subscription. I read it cover to cover and believe every word they say (mostly). These guys and gals are bikers first and journalists second. That's how I like it.

I buy MBA several times a year at the magazine rack. They take a lot of grief, and their reviews tend toward riding bikes on smooth XC trails too much, but Richie Cunningham's opinions about equipment are right more often than they are wrong, IMO.

Walt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.