Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a frame to build up and all I need is a headset what do you guys recommend in the $40-50 range it looks like it has a 44/56 hT, I’m just a bit confused on the whole sizing thing their are too many options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just built one of these a couple weeks ago, fun bike so far!

It's definitely a bit confusing, but once you know the measurements you're looking for it's not too hard.

44 refers to the diameter of the top of the frame's head tube
56 is the diameter of the bottom

The other two measurements you'll need are for the fork steerer - for a tapered, you'll need 28.6mm for the top and 40mm for the bottom.

So a headset that said something like "ZS44/28.6 56/40" would be what you wanted for a standard tapered fork.

Something like a cane creek 40 series should be around that price

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just built one of these a couple weeks ago, fun bike so far!

It's definitely a bit confusing, but once you know the measurements you're looking for it's not too hard.

44 refers to the diameter of the top of the frame's head tube
56 is the diameter of the bottom

The other two measurements you'll need are for the fork steerer - for a tapered, you'll need 28.6mm for the top and 40mm for the bottom.

So a headset that said something like "ZS44/28.6 56/40" would be what you wanted for a standard tapered fork.

Something like a cane creek 40 series should be around that price
I ended up ordering the fsa no57.. do you know if the frame come with internal cups? From the pics it looks like it has an integrated headset... btw any pics of your build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.